How often do you see the Witnesses out on the ministry?

by rory-ks 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I only ask because I hardly ever see them out on the ministry. It is a very rare sighting to spot them actively engaged in the house to house ministry. Or out on the street work, in the marketplace, etc.

The other reason I ask is because they are constantly pictured as being on the preaching work. The front page of jw.org is a slide-show of the preaching being done in different parts of the world. Every copy of the study edition of the Watchtower depicts a scene of Witnesses engaged in the Lord's work from one country or another. But, of course, these pictures are mock-ups. Both the Witnesses and the ones being witnessed to are "modeling", so to speak - acting the part.

It is just an illusion. Another method used to indoctrinate the idea that 'this good news of the kingdom is being preached in all the inhabited earth.'

Thoughts?

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I see JWs going D2D around Thanksgiving in Northern Virginia when I visit my brother and in Southern California around March/April about every year.

Do you live in a rural area or metropolitan area? More JWs will probably go D2D in metropolitian areas, than in rural areas.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I haven't seen any in ages. Last few I remember were in the Subway holding up watchtowers not talking to anyone.

Must have been before the cart because they were just sitting there holding up the WT.

I always see girl and boy scouts in front of my supermarket and it makes me wonder why the JWs never set up camp there.

If a store allows one group to set up their wares they have to let them all so they wouldn't be able to say no to the dubs.

I have said it before, if they really believed that everyone on earth was going to die soon and that they were the only ones that could help, they would be a lot more passionate about their preaching.

Deep down inside even they know it is BS

• Heaven
    Heaven

I rarely see them in my neighbourhood. I live in a small town. And I work from home regularly now. They aren't knocking on my door.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Maybe once every 3 - 4 years. I live in a well populated area.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The last time they called at our door was just before last year's memorial. Since then, I have not even seen them anywhere about town. I sure hope armeggedon is not anytime soon:

- or they would just about have to be charged with wilful negligence!

(Or more likely, as a previous poster notes, Deep down inside even they know it is BS)

Bill

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wow!!!!

They all must be in my neihbourhood.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I live in a fairly residential suburb, the KH is about 10 miles from me. I have been here 29 years and have had them knock only a few times. Found a tract for the Memorial in my front door last year (found it a couple of months later since I don't use the front door). Couple of weeks ago my daughter was pumping gas and someone offered her a Watchtower. LOL I am also near a huge flea market complex and in the summer when there are outside vendors, I occasionally see Witnesses with a card table set up displaying their magazines, but they are just standing there like zombies counting their time.

• nugget
    nugget

I live in outlying territory which is worked every 18 months to 2 years so I rarely see them in my road. That being said I have heard of one cart being set up in an adjacent village and have seen one in Fareham once. I haven't seen people out on the door to door work for a long time now nor have I seen the local elder doing his calls on a Saturday morning which was a regular sight as I went out walking the dog.

It is just my impression that they are less active in this area than they have been. But weekend service was always poorly attended here and there is only 1 midweek service arrangement over this side of the territory so it is unsurprising that I see less of them. After all I don't drive round the territory on a Wednesday morning hunting witnesses.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I only ask because I hardly ever see them out on the ministry.

You're obviously not looking in the right place.

Try your local Starbucks.

You didn't think they were still going door-to-door, did ya?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit