How often do you see the Witnesses out on the ministry?

by rory-ks 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

I saw a group from a Spanish congregation out in service on Saturday. The two brothers had the new cart display set up by a school.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I drive by the KH everyday M-F ,and am surprised how many cars are there meeting for service . Wednesday is still the biggest turn out day ,and Thursday the lowest . However I never see anyone going door to door in town ,I wonder about that ? I drive my bus route through the territory, and have never run into a car group doing rural territory either .

During the spring and summer I will see them in town, usually on Saturday ,going to the donut shop for break . Once a year, usually during the Memorial campaign, I will see them walk past my house . They no longer stop here :)

They use to meet for Saturday sevice at my neighbors home ,but they moved recently so I don't know where they meet now . Our town is pretty small .

• Quandry
    Quandry

I live in Houston, Texas. I knew many, many JWs. Haven't seen them in years. It is interesting that I don't see them in the grocery or Wal-Mart or Malls, either. It is like since I left they all just vanished--not that I'm complaining. I don't want to see them, and hope I never again do.

Perhaps some that were really thinkers are out now. I can only hope. On the other hand, I can think of several that deserve to sit at the KH for hours every week listening to the same drivel and "new light."

• Purza
    Purza

I saw some on my street yesterday and a car group making RV's today about five houses down from me. I'm a DNC and they actually respect that. Haven't seen them at my door in two years. I have recently gotten in touch with some family members and they mention that they do more metro witnessing (sitting behind a table in a big city). Guess that is less work for them.

Purza

• kaik
    kaik

I see them in the large cities usually close to train station or subway entrances. I saw them two weeks ago in downtown with their carts at the entrance of subway. You see more JW at the train stations in Europe than in USA. I have encountered them from Munich to Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, or Bratislava. I only had one knocking on the door. I had a night shift so I slept at the day time when someone around noon decided to wake me up... JW with WT publication. I was really p.ed off becaue I could not sleep again and I had to go to night shift later.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I only saw them once in all the years I have lived in Hampton Roads in our neighborhood, but we have lived in apartments every year until last year. They came once during memorial season and left an invitation. I understand witnesses will not canvas neighborhoods that do not permit soliciting (like all the apartment complexes we lived in prior). Of course, that does not stop members of the Potter's House churches.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I see two Mormon boys out around town, at a ratio of 12 to 1. I don't know where the JW's are preaching, as we have a lot of congregations locally, but they don't seem to be covering territory frequently. I live in a well-populated area.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

The Borg's annual report of millions and millions of hours spent in the world-wide preaching work, do you think they may have doctored the numbers just a little bit?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Check your local Donut shops around 10:00 A.M. They meet for field service at 9:30 A.M., drop a couple mags at the laundry mat to start their time. Then it's off to the Donut shop for Coffee and Donuts till noon.

• finally awake
    finally awake

they haven't hit our house since right after we quit going. I guess we've been written off entirely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit