Pioneering: How the GB shamelessly capitalizes on members' worldly desire for prominence.

by Island Man 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...Climbing the WBT$ Ladder..

................To Success.......................................JW Pioneering..................................Not Even The Cat Gets it..

............................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I thought it would be fairer to put in an anonymous service report.you still get your stats.

• humbled
    humbled

Good point, quelly. Anonymous like donations. Why not?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I refuse to accept the WT screwed up definition of success, (ie: you are a success if you are a pioneer,elder,bethelite etc)

Take away the title and you take away

the prestige, power, perks, celebrity status and the resultant bragging rights that come with position.

In other words every major pain in the bot-bot you will ever meet in the cong.

And thats precisely why taking away titles would never happen (nice idea though)

My new definition of success is being able to get up each day without that guilt inducing, soul destroying WT voice inside my head

reminding me of how "UNSUCCESSFUL" I am.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I know pioneers that would rather lose a kidney than get off the pioneer list.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What a waste, either way. How much do they actually accomplish besides wasting whatever number of hours during that month? Most barely place anything, since they are spending more time warming up or cooling off, strolling slowly, driving 20 km under the speed limit to drag out the time, or knocking on doors where no one is home. This does nothing but waste gas and time.

• Island Man
    Island Man

" This does nothing but waste gas and time."

No, no, no! They're raking in hours that go toward their paradise account.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well I suppose some do it for that reason, or maybe many.

I was of the era that if you were not strenuously exerting yourself, doing all you can, not "being kind to yourself", then your eyeballs were going to be the snack for a few large crows.

So I did not have enough money to survive, no health insurance, etc., and I was hoping day by day that jehoopla would provide.

I pioneered out of fear and because I was forced to (I was not allowed to get a full-time job after high school), not out of some lame desire for recognition. Admiration from that ship of fools was never something I valued.

Pioneering proved to me, once and for all, that jehoopla either did not exist, was not able to help his followers, or did not care.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS is a real "what have you done for me lately?" Organization. Actual faithfulness is given a back seat to "visible activity." JWs thrive on validation from other JWs. Take a break, you feel guilty. Don't make your hours, guilty. Touch a wee-wee in the wrong way, guilty... If you don't need approval and validation from others, you won't ever truly fit in, or "progress" in JW land.

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has been doing this for a very long time, the core reason is that its a publishing house

where money and controlling power is cultivated by people pushing their literature door to door.

People are mentally programmed/indoctrinated to think they are doing god's will and purpose and

it so pleases god when you go door to door proliferating the Watchtower's fraudulent commercialized Gospel.

The ending result is that the leaders of the WTS. cultivate power and money, through this devious

self exploiting endeavor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit