What are you reading right now??

by DATA-DOG 58 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

12 Years a Slave. Maybe I'll watch the movie but the book is exceptional.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

The Hare with Amber Eyes, for a book club. 12 Years A Slave is on my list :)

• blondie
    blondie

Reading old apocalyptic science fiction...Level Seven. Do you have suggestions?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Currently reading CoC and re-reading Slaughterhouse 5 as I was a huge Vonnegut fan in high school (back when we had dinosaurs for pets). Have ordered Journey to God's House and will start the the evening it arrives.

Recently read:

Zeitoun by Dave Eggers - true story of a Muslim family caught between America's "war on terror"/anti-Muslim prejudice and the aftermath/destruction/military presence in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Great read, hard to put down.

Daring Greatly by Brene Brown - shows us how being vulnerable/open allows us to have a much richer life - also how to raise your kids to see the world as full of possibilities/opportunities - that it's not wrong to fail, only wrong not to try

Also various parts of the IRS code for my job...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am reading Proust, Remembrance of Things Past. Altho I wanted to read it since high school, I never had enough free time. I expect it might take me a few years to finish it. The writing is beautiful. I already read about the madeleines.

I wanted to read something fun so I purchased Tulips in the Snow, a current bestseller. Historical fiction is a passion. Well, it may have sales but it is poorly written. I feel I could have done a better job. If I borrowed it from the library, I would not mind but this was a Nook purchase.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Recently finished:

Armaggeddon Now!

The Premillenarian Response To Russia and Israel Since 1917

Dwight Wilson (1977)

Forward (1991 printing) "It only takes one false prophecy to make a false prophet"

Working on:

The Babylonian Theory Of The Planets

N.M. Swerdlow (copyright 1998)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Carlos Castaneda The Teachings of Don Juan

Very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJLLiWTUKPo

• 4thgen
    4thgen

A call to action, women, religion, violence and power. by jimmy carter. I heard several interviews with him on this book. He made some interesting and forceful points. Hopefully it will shed more light on abuses of women through religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit