by DATA-DOG 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm reading

Suffering Eyes

Actually written by my sister

who is vegan btw.

So this is my plug for her...

Suffering Eyes: A Chronicle of Awakening is now available to order in print paperback.

All proceeds raised through Suffering Eyes will be donated to farm animal sanctuary.

• stillin
    stillin

Right now "Flight Behaviour" by Barbara Kingsolver. I will read everything she ever writes.

i 've been thinking that another look at "Stranger" is in order if I happen upon a copy. Also "hitch Hiker's Guide" again, possibly.

I always pick up the "Years Best Science Writing" an annual collection from a wide variety of subjects.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Am I A MURDERER? by Calel Perechodnik.

Story of a former Jewish getto policeman.

I like this book, because its written by a man who wrote it in hiding, shortley before his death. I have learnt not to trust the authenticity of survivors who write books 20 or 30 years later...and if you are interested in the story of a man who sacrifised his own ethical and moral concionce to survive. A man who chose to live rather than go to the concentration camps with his wife and 4 year old child...i wont judge the man, i wasnt there ....

• bemused
    bemused

'What the Dog Saw' by Malcolm Gladwell. He has great insights and this collection of his writing covers a whole range of topics.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Just finished The Rosie Project too Justitia. Brilliant! Met the author Graeme Simsion last week at my library where he gave a talk about it.

Reading Salman Rushdie's Fury now.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Mycellium Running: How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World" by Paul Stamets

"Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin (thanks Cofty for the recommendation)

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This thread

and i just started reading the Posting Guidelines just under the posting window,

now I reading what I have just writen

now I'm reading the KFC packaging my dinner came in

now I will shut up

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

finallysomepride's post #2859 (lol)

Jim Cramer. Get rich carefully

Richard Bach. Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

Brealey, Richard, Stewart Myers, and Franklin Allen. Principles of Corporate Finance.

(This one is for MIT opencourseware, course 15.401 Finance Theory I )

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I love the self help books...800 pages of words, but they do contain a few lines of origional thought provoking wisdom....and pages of yatta yatta yatta...........and may i add Yatta. A bit like the W.T literature..

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

"Intensity" by Dean Koontz

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit