What are you reading right now??

by DATA-DOG 58 Replies latest jw friends

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

When I took a break to check for new activity I was reading: MySQL 5.0 Reference Manual :: 13 SQL Statement Syntax :: 13.7 Database Administration Statements :: 13.7.1 Account Management Statements :: 13.7.1.3 GRANT Syntax

Later this evening i will continue with: Stalin's Curse by Robert Gellately. Pretty depressing and can only be read in small chunks.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Say i were to write a book. hmmmmm lets give it a title " One six and sixty nine" ...thats a better title than" fifty shades of grey" ( amazed thst book hasnt been mentiond yet) ...Any way i love all the self help books and who wrote the bible books, i mean say they sell a million copies do the maths. Who wins?

Now if i sell only 10, 000 copies of " one six and sixty nine" i am laughing all the way to the bank, i mean to the baharmas....gee i love these self help books, and corny romances....now who wants to but a copy of " one six and sixty nine"?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm reading Journey to God's House and 30 Years a Watchtower Slave.

• d
    d

Emile Durkheim Sociological method for class.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

In order....

Doctor Sleep Stephen King's follow up to The Shining

The Book Thief

Unbroken The Story of LouieZamparini

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The Fall of Five, Pittacus Lore. Teen sci-fi, my daughter got me reading this series.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

The Bitten series, it's Canadian and they have a new series for TV.

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Not the Impossible Faith by Richard Carrier

Can't wait for his new book, On the Historicity of Jesus Christ.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am reading Murder below Montparnasse, by Cara Black. I tend to gravitate to murder mysteries, although I will read anything that is well written, the occasional best seller, Sci Fi, or guy type action adventure. My favorite writer is Sue Grafton of the Kinsey Milhone alphabet series, A is for Alibi, etc. I have been reading them almost from the beghing, she is up to W now, I think. They take place in the fictional town of Santa Theresa, which is really Santa Barbara. I lived near there for a good part of my life, so it makes the stories more vivid. In one book she was describing a house, and I knew the exact house she was describing. Kinsey is like an old friend I get to visit with now and again, so I am a little sad the series is almost done. Another interesting thing about them is that they started in the eighties, and in the books they are still in the eighties, before computers and cell phones.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The Fall of Five, Pittacus Lore. Teen sci-fi, my daughter got me reading this series.

Xanthippe, you would probably enjoy the Silo saga.

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo Saga) [Kindle Edition] Hugh Howey

Hugh Howey (Author) Visit Amazon's Hugh Howey Page Find all the books, read about the author, and more. See search results for this author Are you an author? Learn about Author Central

(Author)

4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7,792 customer reviews) http://www.amazon.com/Wool-Omnibus-Silo-Saga-ebook/dp/B0071XO8RA/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396239527&sr=1-3&keywords=silo+saga+in+order

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit