Jehovah's Witnesses Say They Are The Most Educated In The World. How Would You Prove Otherwise?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

jgnat: On breadth of knowledge it's a slam-dunk. They don't and can't match college education.

They can't match middle school. Grammar and spelling do count, if you want to claim to be more educated than the rest of the world.

(Sorry... pet peeve of mine)

• nugget
    nugget

Since part of education is the ability to challenge and investigate information as well as peer review of material JWs are not educated since they are taught only to parrot what is printed, any form of in depth research is forbidden, thinking is forbidden and questioning the published doctrine is forbidden.

I have to say that the materials are poorly researched, badly written and intellectually barren. They do not receive an education but an indoctrination.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It would be interesting to see how their latest articles rate on the Flesch-Kincaid readability scale. I wouldn't doubt that most of the "new light" is written at a second or third grade level. So much for a college education from reading the magazines!

zed

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Their "schools, literature and teaching" are indeed excellent:

- if you were aspiring to nothing more than a diploma in idiocy!

Bill.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" They do not recieve an education, but an indoctrination " ___Nugget

" See Spot Run "

" Look at Dick do Jane "

" They are " happyfied " , when it's simplified "

• minimus
    minimus

lol

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

JWs can't reason...they need a Reasoning book!

• minimus
    minimus

good point

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

To a JW, being educated means having the best understanding of the bible as interpreted by the WTBTS. It's the only thing that's meaningful and worthwhile to them. So they are the best educated only if they are allowed to set the standard for "education" for everyone.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

Those two terms (JWs and Educated) don't belong in the same sentence.

The only times I ever met an educated JW (a really educated one), was because the person came IN with the college education already under their belt OR their father disobeyed the religion's stand against higher education and WISELY sent their child to college. That was the only time I ever saw an educated JW. The only other exceptions were elderly who went to school back in the day when high school education was better in the U.S.

When the religion tries to say reading their literature is equal to having college, I have to laugh. Some of the most pathetic, functionally literate persons I have ever encountered were JWs, sad to say. Maybe when compared to actual illiteracy, they might be considered to have an "education". But, that's not saying much.

That is like saying having a diet of potato chips and hot-dogs is a good diet when compared to actual starvation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit