Jehovah's Witnesses Say They Are The Most Educated In The World. How Would You Prove Otherwise?

by minimus 70 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Look at how many profoundly struggle to support themselves and their families when they leave the org.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dude, you don't even try to help anybody, why do you exists if your not here to help the other JWs?

It's perfectly okay for Minimus to be here for the fellow feeling and to discuss everyday and JW related topics with ex jws. This place is kind of like Cheers for ex jws.

• minimus
    minimus

to suggest that I don't help others is silly....we all have different styles. There are the Danny Haszard types and there are the lower keyed types. I don't believe that any one or any group can destroy the Watchtower. I prefer to get people to simply think the obvious.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Ask them to define:

• faith
    • spirituality
    • religiosity
    • legalism
    • ethnocentrism
    • moralism
    • apostasy
    • justification
    • sanctification
    • the gospel
    • the Good News
    • the evangel
    • mysterion
    • evangelion
    • euaggelion
    • evangelium
    • injeel/injil
    • bissar
    • prophecy
    • prophet
    • angel
    • 5 solas

Their score should be close to zero both before and after consulting their publications.

Even if you let them pick any two of the above...

• Fernando
    Fernando

Ask them to contrast and explain:

• faith vs works
    • law vs grace
    • faith vs belief
    • faith vs religion
    • spirituality vs religiosity
    • works-righteousness vs self-righteousness
    • the gospel vs religion
    • Jesus vs religion
    • God vs religion
    • The God of Abraham vs the god of religion
    • education vs propaganda
    • Abrahamic Covenant vs Mosaic Covenant vs New Covenant vs Next Covenant
    • Mosaic Law vs Law of Faith
    • one hope vs two hopes
    • "the anointed" vs "ho Kristos" (in the New Covenant scriptures)

Their score should be close to zero both before and after consulting their publications.

Even if you let them pick any two of the above...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't think you need to prove it....it's obvious to all.....and if they don't get it then that's their lookout.

• Decided
    Decided

In my school my JW brother had the highest IQ in his class and I was second in my class, my best friend was first. I think the TMS and the meetings did help me learn to read a little early in my childhood. But later in life collage would have helped to get a better job.

Ken P.

• minimus
    minimus

Ken, I was considered the smartest kid in my class the first six years of school. And I think my mom's teaching me how to read early and my studious beginnings got me in the right mold. Unfortunately, we never pursued higher educaction because there was no end for it since the End was right around the corner.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Reading is an essential skill to successfully navigate through life. JW's do promote that skill - but so do other religions, community groups, civic organizations and public schools.

The problem with Jehovah's Witnesses and reading is that a follower must ONLY read from sources that the leadership approves. A member is not allowed (and will be disfellowshipped) if they read anything that is critical of the leadership and the organization.

We are told repeatedly that the media is manipulated by big business and religion and any news stories that expose the Society and it's policies are LIES.

• minimus
    minimus

Gingerbread, cults don't want you investigating them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit