Disassociation

by evilone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• evilone
    evilone

Hi all, I haven't posted here in quite some time.

Just as an update, about two years ago, my wife and I moved to a big city about 500 miles away from the town in which we grew up. We made this move in part to expedite the fading process, which was successful. When we moved, as I described in an earlier post, we formally transferred from our home cong (where our families are) to a local cong in our new city, and then transferred twice more so as to get “lost in the shuffle.” The last cong to which we transferred is in a large KH with multiple congregations, and I am assuming our publisher’s cards are in the inactive file. Being that we are presently inactive and we don’t really know anybody at the hall or any other dubs in this area, does anybody here think we could get away writing formal letters of disassociation to our current cong without our “home” cong (and therefore possibly our families) being notified? It sure would be nice to formally disassociate both because we would no longer have to wonder if someone might try to visit us or contact us in some other way in an attempt to bring us “back to Jehovah.” Also we would both like to disassociate as a matter of principle, but just without the family fallout.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Oh my God, no!

Don't do it, it will happen, they will find you, your family WILL find out.

Watchtower is evil, and delights in breaking up families.

Give them no power, no respect, no nothing. They do not deserve it, you owe them nothing.

The best thing to do is live your happy life.... and keep your family...

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi evilone, DON'T write a DA letter. Why play by the WTBTS's rules? If anyone bothers you, just tell them that you will contact them when you want their advice/counsel.

Enjoy your life with your wife.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If you disassociate, they are likely to try to find your original congregation and make the announcement there too. It sounds like you have a lot more to lose than to gain from disassociating.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Keep your principles in your pocket for now. This isn't something that you ever need acknowledge again. If they DO contact you, just say "I am sorry, but I think you have the wrong person and close door/hang up the phone". You could (first) say, "I think you need to remove me from your contact list".

You are NOT the person they want to speak to. Seriously-they really don't want to speak to those who wont play the game with them. so don't.

• clarity
    clarity

You have lots of time .... let it ride for awhile longer!

You may want it over & done, but remember this....

No good deed goes unpunished!

clarity

• happy@last
    happy@last

JWs love to gossip, if your names are announced they will say, "who was that?" and start digging. Through 6 degrees of separation it'll happen, I'm waiting to see it happen in my case. Just about everyone in the country I'm in that last came into contact with the last 20 years know about my announcement. My family live in a different country but I've not doubt news will get through to them.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Don't fix it, if it ain't broken.you owe them nothing.I like JWDaughter's suggestion.brilliant.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Your relocation strategy was good - don't spoil it by contacting anyone! If they stumble across you in the future, just thank them for their concern and politely decline ANY suggestions or invitations! They'll eventually dismiss you as a waste of time/fuel and visit you once each year to invite you to their second Great Spectator event - the Memorial.

(Of course we all now know that the Annual Meeting is number one now!)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You haven't left anything real. It isn't Jehovah's Organisation, it's just a bunch of deluded fools pretending they represent a god a previous fool named Jehovah.

Why make it official that you don't belong to something that doesn't exist? I reckon it just feeds their delusion that they are important.

Plus ... if you ever want to have an intelligent discussion with a JW, you have to do it while their defences are down, which is why the WT wants you to have DA tattooed on your forehead to ID you as an evil Apostate. Play by their rules ... and they win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit