Disassociation

by evilone 25 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think sending a No Tresspasing letter or anything that is actively aggressive towards them could now be construed as "Brazen Conduct" and be grounds for saying that you have DA "by your actions". Just smile and say no thanks, and it will bug the hell out of them. Don't answer the door. Don't answer calls. Don't let them ruffle your feathers.

Doc

• SAHS
    SAHS

If I were you, I would forego sending an actual disassociation letter to any congregation because a copy would likely be sent to the Bethel headquarters, to remain indelibly on your record in their database for an eternity. It would be like successfully escaping from a communist dictatorship (like North Korea or Cuba) and then sending them a letter basically saying the old “Na na na na na!” It might feel good, but you could forget ever going back, and you could say goodbye to any social or family ties still remaining in what you have been able to leave behind.

Moreover, what I would do is if any JWs do contact you asking questions, I would just tell them that I am taking a bit of a sabbatical from everything, that I am kind of in a period of transition right now, and that I will get back to you (but don’t). That will allow you to sort of remain in a state of limbo with them. Your status will just be up in the air indefinitely (or at least until you completely fade from their radar) but with nothing actually established or committed one way or the other. You’ll find that eventually they’ll just move one. After all, they shouldn’t really have the time to keep obsessing over you – they’re supposed to be busy pounding the pavement knocking on doors!

• evilone
    evilone

For anyone who has sucessfully faded and has been out for a long time, do you ever get to a point at which you're just plain forgotten by the borg? Or are you just considered "inactive" forever?

I just want to be a member of the gerneral public.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

They are known to visit inactive ones even years after they leave.

You can think of good answers to give them when they come by (lies) or you can write the letter and move on with your life.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just want to be a member of the gerneral public.

If you and your wife were baptised jw`s , you are on their records . They never delete you , whether you fade , DA , or DF , you are always on their records . In their book after a time you may have a change of heart ( see the error of your ways and come back to the fold ) so they still have you on file .

But dont despair : Think about this both of you . Some people leave the " truth" but the truth never leaves them . And the reason that is because they have never really ever proved to themselves or convinced themselves that the jehovahs witnesses /WTB&TS are not the truth.

You really need to stop relying on what the WT tells you what to beleive , WT publications only ,and broarden your seach capabilities using the internet.

I would also advise looking at techniques cults use to keep people in control , and see if you see any similarities in your situation .

Take care to you both , I wish you well in your journey for truth

smiddy

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I saw no reason to write a letter. To me it is giving them power, as you are acknowledging that you have some kind of obligation to them, that you must inform them that you do not wish to be a JW, so they can then shun you.

I have been out for 14 years, no one ever contacted me, and I don't care if they do, they wouldn't get thirty seconds of my time. I don't care if my name is in the list somewhere either, what possible difference does it make that my name is on a list? It's a silly, insignificant religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit