Did Satan prove God wrong? a possible bibical flaw

by Leander 51 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

SJ,

I can't possibly argue with someone who claims to speak for God. No matter what I say, no matter what evidence I provide, you can always trump me by claiming that God told you otherwise. I'm sure you can see why continuing this discussion would be an exercise in futility for me, unless one of two things happens: (1) God starts talking to me (or I start hearing him, depending on your point of view), or (2) you provide me with incontrovertible proof that God is speaking to you. Unless and until one of those things happens, I will remain rationally skeptical. I hope you will at least consider the possibility that you are wrong - dangerously wrong - and seek the help you need.

--
    But if you pray all your sins are hooked upon the sky
    Pray and the heathen lie will disappear
    Prayers they hide the saddest view
    (Believing the strangest things, loving the alien)
    -- David Bowie, Loving The Alien

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hello, FunkyD... and more peace to you!

Sorry about the delay, but my 'life' was 'happening' (as lives sometimes tend to do...)

I found your last response interesting and would like to reply, if I may. Thank you.

I can't possibly argue with someone who claims to speak for God.
    Sure you can. All kinds of folks say they speak for God... and they lie. Argue with them. PLEASE... argue with them. Now, as for me, I do NOT claim to speak for God. No way, dear one. God speaks... for Himself. He speaks TO... His Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... who, in turn, speaks to me... and others... including yourself, if you would allow yourself to 'hear'...

Hebrews 1:2
    Hebrews 12:25
    John 10:1-6, 27
    Matthew 17:3

No matter what I say, no matter what evidence I provide, you can always trump me by claiming that God told you otherwise.
    I don't think that's entirely true, FD. You have an opinion, yes, that you do not like what *God* did, as well as a belief that He does not exist. You cannot give me proof of why *God* was "wrong", other than your opinion, nor can you prove that He does not exist (but I must say, again, that your chagrin AT *Him*... belies your belief... or should I say, lack thereof...)

On the other hand, I have provided you with simple truth, which I fear you cannot dispute. True, you do not 'hear' what I do, but just because you don't doesn't mean no one's speaking. I give you as an example the old 'if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it did it really make a noise' scenario? Seems to me that if some lowly ground creature heard it, it did. And if a lowly dog can hear a doggie whistle, but you can't, did it really not make a sound?

Now, while I truly don't wish you to think "dog" when thinking of me, dear FD, you can think me "lowly", for I am. Servants in a house are. I hear what others SAY they do not. I am not so sure about that, though. I mean, it seems to ME that it is not that folks CAN'T hear, so much as it is they don't WANT to hear.

I'm sure you can see why continuing this discussion would be an exercise in futility for me, unless one of two things happens:
    For you, well, yes, I guess. I truly don't understand why, though. Because it does not seem to ME that you are asking to be granted the ability to hear (which I think would have solved the *problem*... prehaps. Don't know for sure, though, for it also takes faith...)

(1) God starts talking to me (or I start hearing him, depending on your point of view)
    God has ALWAYS been talking to 'the sons of men'... either directly, through prophets, through angels, or through his Son. Now, whether you start HEARING Him... is partially up to you.

or (2) you provide me with incontrovertible proof that God is speaking to you.
    I am your servant. What "proof", therefore, would satisfy you? Let me tell you what it WON'T consist of:

1. Predicting the future
    2. Speaking to the dead
    3. Acting as a "medium" between you and other spirits, including those of the dead
    4. Walking on water or some other manifested "miracle" (i.e., resurrecting the dead, healing the infirm, being bitten by poisonous snakes, speaking in tongues, etc. Although interpreting tongues may be possible, if my Lord permits).

My gifts and privileges do not include those things and so I will not put God to the test, nor will I lie to you that I can do things I cannot... or will not.

Unless and until one of those things happens, I will remain rationally skeptical.
    Of course. And I absolutely understand, as does my Father and my Lord.

I hope you will at least consider the possibility that you are wrong
    I am always 'wrong', dear one. Always. Let me assure you of this. Thus, I listen to the One who is 'right'.

- dangerously wrong -
    "Dangerously", eh?

and seek the help you need.
    Ah, you think me mad. Ah well, you are not the first and certainly won't be the last. But perhaps you will let me ask YOU to consider that perhaps it is YOU that is wrong... and maybe even "dangerously".

My peace remains, dear FD!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit