New May WT continuing to beat persecution/organization drum

by kneehighmiah 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Check out the new May WT. The article "Are You Moving Ahead With Jehovah's Organization?" is nauseating.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20140515/moving-ahead-jehovahs-organization/

List of awful quotes from this article (in no particular order):

1. " God wants us to maintain good spiritual health by sticking to him and supporting his organization in its various activities."

2. " Brother Pryce Hughes, who resolutely stuck to God and kept in step with His organization, once wrote: “I am so thankful that I have lived in the knowledge of Jehovah’s purposes from those early days just prior to 1914 . . . If one thing has been most important to me, it has been the matter of keeping close to Jehovah’s visible organization. My early experience taught me how unsound it is to rely on human reasoning. Once my mind had been resolved on that point, I determined to stay by the faithful organization. How else can one get Jehovah’s favor and blessing?”

3. " We too need to study diligently and be open-minded when there are adjustments in the understanding of God’s Word or in our preaching work."

4. " All who remain loyal to Jehovah and his organization will have his continued blessing."

5. " The earthly part of Jehovah’s organization is moving ahead in various ways. For instance, our understanding of Bible truth is constantly becoming clearer."

6. " We do not boast in numbers, for it is ‘God who keeps making things grow.’ ( 1 Cor. 3:5-7 ) Nevertheless, it is evident that the great crowd is growing and becoming greater with each passing year... There has been remarkable growth in the number of God’s servants because Jehovah himself is backing his Witnesses."

7. " This unparalleled tribulation will start when Jehovah brings destruction on “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, by using the political powers." (Apparently the UN teaching is dead as so many here have already mentioned.)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

“I am so thankful that I have lived in the knowledge of Jehovah’s purposes from those early days just prior to 1914"

-

Of course, he does not mention that virtually everything taught by WT prior to 1914 has been relegeted to the scrap heap by WT itself- shelved into the 'old nonsense' category...but not in those words. These things were "truth", unquestionably from god, irrefutable. Now they aren't even mentioned in WT literature.

7. " This unparalleled tribulation will start when Jehovah brings destruction on “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, by using the political powers."

Ironically, WT said the very same thing would happen in 1914...and it didn't occur. Gotta love this guy for his lifelong commitment to gullibility.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, it most definitely is 'unsound to rely on human reasoning' if you want to 'keep close to Jehovah’s visible organization'. I'm sure that guy had to check his brain at the door a long time ago to stay in as a Witness (and Bible Student, I guess) through all those changes.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

The WT has quietly divorced any Biblical events of significance from this 1914 date. Most people are too dumb to notice. I haven't seen any recent references to Jesus' presence beginning in this year in a long while. Please let me know if there has been info relating 1914 to Christs presence recently published.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hmmm...

1) Do not rely on human reasoning...unless it's the GB. Their reasoning is ok to rely upon, even when it is wrong.

2) Be open-minded. There are no more close-minded individuals on the Earth that indoctrinated JWs.

3) Understanding of Bible truth is becoming clearer. See point #1.

DD

• St George of England
    St George of England

For what it's worth, Pryce Hughes died in 1978.

George

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

1978?!?! LOL!! I doubt that's the oldest quote they ever used...

The problem with some humans, and by extension the GB, and by further extension the WTBTS, is that they come to believe that they have all the answers. They may present a public image of a humble, progressive group of leaders, but it's just not true. The GB are no more superior than your local BOE arguing over which lawnmower to buy. Some want a Snapper and some want a Lawn-boy. The majority rules and anyone who still wants the Snapper is close-minded. The Lawn-boy supporters are progressive, but I digress...

So these people believe that they have all the answers, they are THE CHANNEL. So whatever they say, it's the best you're going to hear. The problem, IMO, is that once a group believes that their basic tenents or beliefs are unassailable, even though they are just fallible men, they cease really looking for answers. They are done. No more effort is going to be expended.

That's why dubs don't come to your door to learn anything. That's why you will be infuriated when trying to reason with them. That's why, instead of anything new or insightful, the same old soylent green is regurgitated year after year. What else can you expect? Once a group believes that they are always right, even when they are wrong, how can you ever have change or progress? Factor in the actual close-mindedness of the Dubs to the point of df'ing any who dare to say, " You know....this may not be correct??", and you have a stagnant, archaic, draconian organization who fears the real world.

Just for fun, go to the JW CD library. Look up the KMs. Go as far back as you can. The simply start scrolling through the articles, month after month, year after year, decade after decade. It won't take you to long to see the mind-numbing regurgitation of past dubyapping being repeated. You may even throw up in your mouth a little. Just an observation.

DD

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

3. "We too need to study diligently and be open-minded when there are adjustments in the understanding of God's Word or in our preaching work."

Open-minded when the GB changes their teachings and they expect all to eagerly accept. But don't be open-minded in questioning the GB teachings in light of the Bible. That is sadly what the WTS wants.

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Ever had someone stroke the same spot on your skin over and over and over and over for so long that each stroke begins to hurt?

That's what the Governing Body is doing. The Watchtower is hurting more and more and helping less and less.

This is good, good for the friends.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

If he died in 1978, then I wonder when did the ole boy make the comment?

I would assume not in his dying breath.

Did he say it ...oh....maybe in early 1975 when he and everybody else was all lathered up for the end?

If so, I wonder if he felt the same way when the big "A" didn't come?

The GB are so disingenuous. Who ever knows the time or circumstance or any other context of their quotes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit