New May WT continuing to beat persecution/organization drum

by kneehighmiah 26 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

"The earthly part of Jehovah’s organization is moving ahead in various ways. For instance, our understanding of Bible truth is constantly becoming clearer."

O rly???

Remind me - who is the "King of the North" now, exactly? I remember who it was, as taught up through the 80's.

Now that our understanding is "clearer", who is it?

Idiots.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

The desperation is palpable.

2014 has them losing sleep at night.

Typical GB thoughts at night: (in a whispery voice) "Could it all dissappear?....... Have we reached our last peak? ............

What will we say if our numbers start going down? ........

We need another article to keep the flock in line! And we need another special campaign or two or three! Gotta keep 'em busy. Can't let 'em think!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

1. " God wants us to maintain good spiritual health by sticking to him and supporting his organization in its various activities."

Like Buying Real Estate for the WBT$..So they can Sell it..Then JW`s can buy them more..

2. " Brother Pryce Hughes, who resolutely stuck to God and kept in step with His organization, once wrote: “I am so thankful that I have lived in the knowledge of Jehovah’s purposes from those early days just prior to 1914 .. . If one thing has been most important to me, it has been the matter of keeping close to Jehovah’s visible organization. My early experience taught me how unsound it is to rely on human reasoning. Once my mind had been resolved on that point, I determined to stay by the faithful organization. How else can one get Jehovah’s favor and blessing?”

So he hasn`t figured out he got screwed..LOL!!..

3. " We too need to study diligently and be open-minded when there are adjustments in the understanding of God’s Word or in our preaching work."

The Lastest adjustments in the Preaching work is WBT$ Literature Carts..Save up and Buy one from the WBT$!

4. " All who remain loyal to Jehovah and his organization will have his continued blessing."

GB Anthony Morris says "Jehovah will give you more chickens!"

5. " The earthly part of Jehovah’s organization is moving ahead in various ways. For instance, our understanding of Bible truth is constantly becoming clearer."

And..The sale of Real estate is really paying off!..

6. " We do not boast in numbers, for it is ‘God who keeps making things grow.’ ( 1 Cor. 3:5-7 ) Nevertheless, it is evident that the great crowd is growing and becoming greater with each passing year... There has been remarkable growth in the number of God’s servants because Jehovah himself is backing his Witnesses."

Claiming not to boast about numbers..While Boasting about numbers..Is WatchTarted..

7. " This unparalleled tribulation will start when Jehovah brings destruction on “Babylon the Great,” the world empire of false religion, by using the political powers." (Apparently the UN teaching is dead as so many here have already mentioned.)

So the great tribulation starts,when Jehovah brings destruction to false religion?!..

That means the WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes will be out of a job..Maybe dead because Jehovah will kill them..

Thanks for the Heads Up!..

....................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

In Step with the Faithful Organization W63 4/1

HERE IS THE FULL QUOTE! [ bracketed quotes are mine]

" I am so thankful that I have lived in the knowledge of Jehovah’s purposes from those early days just prior to 1914 when all was not so clear, right on to this day; from a day when there were some doubts, to this day when the truth shines like the noonday sun. [ To this day??? Does he mean 1963?? Was the truth shinning like the Sun in 1963?!?! WTH?!?!] If one thing has been most important to me, it has been the matter of keeping close to Jehovah’s visible organization. My early experience taught me how unsound it is to rely on human reasoning. Once my mind had been resolved on that point, I determined to stay by the faithful organization. How else can one get Jehovah’s favor and blessing?"

" Now it is 1963. Time has passed quickly because I have kept active." [ He's Dead....]

More telling quotes from Brother Pryce Hughes:

"In 1912, when I was sixteen years old, I left home to go and live in Liverpool with relatives who often talked about a coming end to this world."

"Then came 1914 with our expectation of soon being taken from the earthly scene into heaven. Many were marking off the days until the appointed times of the nations would run out, as Jesus had foretold at Luke 21:24. However, I felt that perhaps there was something more to learn about our hope. [ WARNING!! WARNING!! SPECULATION ALERT! SPECULATION ALERT!] When there appeared in The Watch Tower an article entitled “Now Is Our Salvation Nearer,” dealing with Psalm 149, I jumped for joy. It showed that, instead of our going to heaven immediately, there was a great publicity work to be done on earth. Still, we were all awaiting the great time of trouble that Jesus had foretold."

However, there were some problems to face. During the years from 1918 to 1922 there were many tests of faith. [ CTR is dead. Rutherford takes over...] Many voices were being heard, all claiming to be God’s channel of truth. [ Those who did not agree with Rutherford, and probably some other wackos.] It was the time for the sifting process that accompanied the coming of Jehovah to his temple for judgment. [ sifting...aka Rutherford taking over](1 Pet. 4:17, 18) Earnestly I prayed to Jehovah for guidance. How great the relief when I saw clearly who the “faithful and discreet slave” is! [ He is talking about RUTHERFORD!!!] (Matt. 24:45-51) Then the second president of the Watch Tower Society, J. F. Rutherford, came to Liverpool to deliver the lecture “Millions Now Living Will Never die." [ RUTHERFORD=FDS!! TRUTH= MILLIONS TALK!!]What an exhilarating experience it was to see the hall packed out, with thousands more on the outside!

WOW!! This guy was a doubter who speculated about the identity of the FDS!! Was he spreading his questionable theories?? Were his doubts just in his heart?? Was he reproved? Could he run microphones?!?!

DD

• sir82
    sir82

I am so thankful that I have lived in the knowledge of Jehovah’s purposes from those early days just prior to 1914 when all was not so clear

Oh it was absolutely, undoubtedly, pristinely perfectly clear, what the Watchtower expected in 1914. It is well documented that for decades they had been advertising that all earthly governments would be destroyed in the battle of Armageddon in exactly that year. Those words are preserved forever on the printed page and now the internet.

Revisionist history makes me want to hurl.

• trujw
    trujw

Didn't they once quote a doctor from the 17 century About feeding on blood But didn't mention that Is was from the 17 century. on the forefront of spiritual knowledge indeed

• Poztate
    Poztate

Here you go. They haven't changed at all. Lies,part lies and deception. Just what they accuse those nasty Poztates™ of doing.

Jean Baptiste Denys

"It is of no consequence that the blood is taken into the body through the veins instead of the mouth. Nor does the claim by some that it is not the same as intravenous feeding carry weight. The fact is that it nourishes or sustains the life of the body. In harmony with this is a statement in the book Hemorrhage and Transfusion, by George W. Crile, A.M., M.D., who quotes a letter from Denys, French physician and early researcher in the field of transfusions. It says: ‘In performing transfusion it is nothing else than nourishing by a shorter road than ordinary - that is to say, placing in the veins blood all made in place of taking food which only turns to blood after several changes.’" (The Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1961, p. 558)

Jean Baptiste Denys lived in the 1600’s.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Their growth in membership isn't all that amazing when you take into account that 1) JWs are a minority religion, meaning they only make up about 0.1% of the entire world population and according to the most recent US Religious Lanscape Report by the Pew Forum, Jehovah's Witnesses only make up 0.5%- 1% of the total adult population within the Country. 2) other religions have many more members like the seventh day Adventists at 18 million and Mormons at 11 million despite having the simplant growth rate percentage today. And.. 3) the recent rates percentage growth of the last few years and last decade have fluctuated between 3% and 1% remaining mostly at 2%. Using the average publisher numbers the average growth from 2000-2009 was 140,380 people per year, less that 50% from 1990-1999 which was 200,853. Nevertheless, the numbers are still growing and will continue to go up.

intersting that they showed the peak publisher numbers in that article, despite that the August 15 2011 Watchtower says that a publisher may be counted twice in that number. Peak publishers are more than the average, easy way to look better for them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What I find amazing is that "THE CHANNEL OF TRUTH" cannot even fully quote it's own literature....

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maintaining spiritual HEALTH by sticking to joke-hova? Who are they kidding? That's how to maintain spiritual sickness, not good health. They never teach you how to use your brain to do anything. Instead, you simply go around the territory endlessly, placing the same rags and littera-trash and repeating the same presentation. And the LIE-ble only teaches us to not do anything that might help. We are taught in that damnation book to be afraid of exploring our minds and souls. That's supposed to help us maintain good spiritual health????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit