Our friend FARKEL has died

by Nathan Natas 241 Replies latest members private

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thanks for letting us know Nathan.

Such a shame. Farkel - Doug Checketts, was a lot of fun.

He will be missed.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Rest in peace. http://www.cultbuster.faithweb.com/mystory.htm

his story

or 10 years on this site.

• blondie
    blondie

In my search on line initially, his writings were some of the first I encountered and helped me a great deal. I also loved that he was a great pianist and in the early days of JWN, he shared some of his work in that area. Thanks again, Doug.

http://www.cultbuster.faithweb.com/mystory.htm

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so sorry to hear this, a giant here on JWN.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

OMG. I just talked to him on the phone in December. He said then that he hadn't been feeling well. He loved history, and one of the greatest historical figures he enjoyed the most was Thomas Paine. I collect antique and Early American newspapers, and for this past X-mas, I sent him a bunch of early newspapers from the early to mid 1800's from the New England area figuring he would enjoy looking through them, and seeing history as it was written. He said that he would enjoy the classifieds most of all, as they would show a true glimpse of what life was truly like back then.

I'm still in shock. He taught people a lot about early Watchtower history and the early scandals of Rutherford and his associates, showing them for what they truly were.

I also enjoyed hearing his piano music, and the way he redid some of the "Kingdumb Maladies" that were so funny!

Another sad loss to the EX-JW World, and even though he had some rough edges, he will be missed by a lot of people.

RIP Doug, and may you have a peaceful rest.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

So sorry Farkle RIP

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh my. I will miss him. I will lose my dad to COPD, too.

I grieve weird. Now I am wondering if his bird is all right.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Thanks for letting us know NN. Farkel was one I looked up to a lot since joining.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry to hear about his passing, thanks for letting us know.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Very sorry to hear this, thanks for letting know NN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit