My Explanation of Why They Got it Wrong About Blood Using Only the NWT

by cofty 203 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "...I cant believe they pushed this topic again this weekend during the WT study. I really thought these assholes were leaving this doctrine behind and not going to mention it much anymore..."

You weren't the only one.

Over the past few years, there was compelling anecdotal evidence that suggested they were trying to quietly phase it out (without actually looking like they were phasing it out, of course).

Any authoritarian group, however, is loathe to be seen capitulating to its opponents, so I suspect that the sheer volume of logical and scriptural deconstruction of the policy coming out of the XJW community (at roughly the same time) made them feel compelled to reverse course and anchor in even deeper, because "f**k the apostates, that's why".

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

1 Cor 10:25

Eat whatever is sold in a meat market, making no inquiry because of your conscience, 26  for “to Jehovah* belong the earth and everything in it.” 27  If an unbeliever invites you and you want to go, eat whatever is set before you, making no inquiry on account of your conscience. 28  But if anyone says to you, “This is something offered in sacrifice,” do not eat because of the one who told you and because of conscience. 29  I do not mean your own conscience, but that of the other person. For why should my freedom be judged by another person’s conscience? 30  If I am partaking with thanks, why am I to be spoken of abusively over that for which I give thanks?

Mark 7:15

Nothing from outside a man that enters into him can defile him; but the things that come out of a man are the things that defile him.” 16*  ——17  Now when he had entered a house away from the crowd, his disciples began to question him about the illustration. 18  So he said to them: “Are you also without understanding like them? Are you not aware that nothing from outside that enters into a man can defile him, 19  since it enters, not into his heart, but into his stomach, and it passes out into the sewer?” Thus he declared all foods clean.

• cofty
    cofty

StarTrekAngel - My point in the OP is that the prohibition on blood was NOT a dietary restriction. It was about a symbol of a life that had been taken.

You will never convince a JW that it is ok to take blood by talking about food.

I believe the argument in the OP can prove to a reasonable JW that their law on blood is based on a misunderstanding of what the bible says about blood.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Agreed!
  • blondie
    blondie
    You'd be shocked how many jws don't have the proper DPAs on file and have not talked to their doctor about this.  Many elders told me about jws that were being taken into ER yelling no blood and the doctors were stunned, they had no idea this person felt this way and waiting until the last minute, it's hard to seem truthful about your decision.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The chapter in Leviticus I think 17 states the LIFE of the animal I believe 3 or more times. So Like it was stated above the chapter is purely about respect for the animals life you took when you killed it so as a sign of respect pour out the blood. This is also why the one that eats blood of an animal he did not kill was only unclean until evening. But more importantly is this, those F**ing assholes are speaking out both sides of their mouth. Telling people they should not take a blood transfusion then telling them in the 2006 awake that they can have Hemoglabulin. This stuff is not a minor fraction or ingredient of blood either. It makes up 96% of what makes a red blood cell and accounts for 45% of the total volume of blood. These guys a murders plain and simple!!!!!!!
  • Splash
    Splash

The barefaced deception they try to propagate is stunning.
    Compare these two opposing statements from the WT:

DO WITNESS CHILDREN DIE FROM NOT TAKING BLOOD?

YES - Awake! 1994 May 22 p.2  Youths Who Put God First 3-15

In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue.

NO - Watchtower 1998 December 1 p.14 Defending Our Faith

Second, Jehovah's Witnesses have been targets of false accusations-barefaced lies and twisted presentations of their beliefs... The accusation that numerous children of Jehovah's Witnesses die each year as a result of refusing blood transfusions is totally unfounded.

Splash

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

This reminds me of an argument I wanted to posit to a JW some day.

Every year there are hundreds of JWs who end up getting a divorce. Some even cheat on their mate to make the divorce official in "Gods" eyes. They get DF'd marry the person they really wanted and six months later they get reinstated.

Why cant they treat the blood issue the way they treat marriage? Lets say I had a child and my child needed a blood transfusion to save her life. I as a "JW" would rather give her the needed blood and get DF'd for six months than watch her die. I would choose being symbolically blood guilty than truly blood guilty. 

• cappytan
    cappytan

cofty: Thanks for pointing this post out to me. Very sound reasonings. 

The basic thing that turned me on to the fact that this blood doctrine is wrong was that I found out that Breastmilk contained white blood cells. White blood cells are considered by the organization to be forbidden, not a "fraction." However, a baby is allowed to literally eat white blood cells in order to sustain it's life. How does this make sense?

It doesn't, so I now reject the no blood teaching in my mind.

• Esse quam videri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit