My Explanation of Why They Got it Wrong About Blood Using Only the NWT

by cofty 203 Replies latest watchtower medical

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

OP....I'd love to consider your point. But when you say that your argument caused an elder to immediately resign and never attend another meeting....you immediately lost me. Makes me think you're a bit delusional. XstuckX

I wouldn't so quickly dismiss the power of this (and other) arguments on the blood doctrine to move elders to resign. It's one of those topics that is very personal to some people for obvious reasons. Unlike 1914 which some can just move into the category of "I'll pretend it doesn't matter for now", that is not the case when the blood doctrine is clearly exposed to be unscriptural. The finer point of the law that Cofty uses are incontrovertible in making the necessary point, and yet they are dealt with in such an illogical way in official JW doctrine.

As an extension of Cofty's points it is good to be familiar with the ways that the Jews interpret their own law of Moses under the principle of "Pikuach Nefesh". The principles are completely in harmony with the Mosaic Law and yet clearly demonstrate the boundaries at which the treatment of blood itself becomes secondary to the preservation of life. And it's all based on scripture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikuach_nefesh

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is there any other religious organization that has assumed this no blood transfusion doctrine from the bible or Torah ?

......No not even from the most stringent Orthodox Jewish sects.

This Hebraic law was set as dietary law derived from the their perceived sacredness of blood toward

their God.

The biggest problem with the WTS.(JWS) as religious institution is that it was started by amateur bible

theologians, helped along by their own established publications.

A causative result of these amateurish teachings directed to the general public who were ( laymen/novices )

themselves and these ones embracing those teachings as being something factual and right, through the

literature indoctrination, as well speared on by elements of fear if you don't accept these teachings..

• tornapart
    tornapart

Great arguement Cofty. As a JW I was scared silly that I might have to have a blood transfusion one day and how I would react. Would I break God's law and have one? Would I refuse one and die. What about my kids? I feel so angry now that it was all for nothing!

When I woke up to TATT I could see clearly that the bible was not saying what the WT says it does. In Genesis it clearly says that a life is for a life. If a man kills another man then his own life is to be taken. However if a man kills an animal, then he doesn't forfeit his own life but the blood goes back to God, respecting that animal's life as belonging to God. It has nothing to do with blood transfusions! No one has died to give blood. In fact that blood can save another's life! The WT teaching is so screwed!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its obvious that this no BT law was handed down and created by the men running the Watchtower

Corporation alone and not a law handed down by God of the bible.

This law even to the fact that it has no scriptural support has killed

more than ten thousand or more people and that is an imperil human tragedy in itself.

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

Cofty...after going back I see you didn't say he immediately resigned. So an apology would have been in order had you not resorted to name calling. So perhaps you are not as delusional as I originally thought, just easily prone to butthurt.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Cofty

This is one thread well worth the time it took you to write

and for me to read

Thanks

I ditto wasblind's comment above.

This should be personal for all active Jehovah's Witnesses. The GB will let your mate, child, friend, or you die instead of admit they are wrong on this otherwise relatively insignificant doctrine. They even go as far as to make it a test of faith. The sad thing is - it is a test of your faith in them - not God.

• cofty
    cofty

XstuckX - I was going to overlook your contribution as the usual arrogance of youth but I see you are married with children.

• highroad
    highroad

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Very well written and easy to understand. Thanks for this post Cofty . I enjoy a good article like this . I congratulate you .

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Very nice. Marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit