My Explanation of Why They Got it Wrong About Blood Using Only the NWT

by cofty 203 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rosyray
    rosyray
    Very well thought out and logical!
  • Zoos
    Zoos
    Zoos: I was just having a conversation with an awakening JW two weeks ago using this same line of reasoning. I've seen a similar write-up on the subject... somewhere. Anyway. I fumbled my way through it, unsure about the effectiveness of my presentation.
    In an effort to clarify, I just emailed her a copy of your post. Thank you! Your timing could not have been better.

UPDATE: Oh she's out. She is SO out. And her ministerial servant husband has stepped down but refuses to leave because he doesn't want to lose his VERY extended family still in, but has stated unequivocally that he will not let his two young sons (12 and 8) get baptized. He won't let the religion use that as a tool to separate them from their mother.

• cofty
    cofty
    Zoos - that's great news, thanks for the update.
  • cofty
    cofty
    Bumping these two blood topics by request.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I personally think that if the WT ever changed its stance on blood transfusions it would use this line of reasoning and say that it was new light, I kid you not. :)

• Splash
    Splash

Cofty, in your explanation you equate food sacrificed to idols with idolatry, I'm guessing by linking Acts 15 to Leviticus 17.

Was there any other reason you did this, e.g. alternative translation, etc.?

Thanks.

• jhine
    jhine

Bumped for Former Brother .

Jan

• stavro
    stavro

After the needless death of Eloise Dupuis, I think cofty's excellent explanation of why the watchtower has gotten the bible's viewpoint on blood completely wrong, deserves more exposure.

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you Stavro. I still think this line of argument is unassailable.

At the very least it should give a JW pause before they risk the life of their child.

Here is a shorter version of the same argument...

• stavro
    stavro

It was the inability of anyone to come up with a scripturally superior counter argument on jwtalk which demonstrated how unassailable this line of reasoning really is. It provides the watchtower with a scripturally sound reason for the preservation life through the use of blood from another living person.

Cofty, you could be a great theist. With your ability to reason from the scriptures, people would easily be prepared to hand over their time and money to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit