My Explanation of Why They Got it Wrong About Blood Using Only the NWT

by cofty 203 Replies latest watchtower medical

• millie210
    millie210
    You approached this from an angle that I hadnt even thought of. Excellent reading, thank you Cofty.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

This is a viewpoint on the blood doctrine I hadn't considered, good research and solid reasoning, this will be very helpful if it come up with discussions with my family. 

My  feeling is that they originally were fearful of blood transfusions out of ignorance and used the bible as an excuse to justify those fears, what the bible actually allowed was secondary.  No doubt they would like to move away from it, but can't because it would raise too many questions about the many people who threw their life away by blindly following the Watchtower's doctrine. I wonder how many more will die because they refuse they admit they were wrong? I was at the market the other day and saw someone in front of me with a no blood card in her wallet, it made me sad. 

• cofty
    cofty

Eden - I don't think any of that can be read out of the context. 

LisaRose - I agree with your comments. At the time the blood ban was introduced transfusions were very dangerous and there were many deaths from complications.

It seems to me that the theology of their doctrine was simplistic and naive. Imagine if the OP of this thread had been presented as official Watchtower policy back in the 40s or 50s. Not a single JW would question it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good logical evaluation on the blood policy Cofty .

The blood law by the ancient Hebrews had very much to do with a animal that was to be killed or was already killed toward creating this dietary law, as to uphold the sacredness of blood pertaining to life from god.

Since blood is not taken from a dead person during a blood transfusion, this set law becomes irrelevant.

Perhaps if blood was taken from a person who was already dead , then perhaps there would be some relevance. 

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Cofty you did a lot of work on this subject. Thanks for sharing.

Couple of thoughts:

Noah was not required to waste blood by pouring it out onto the ground. Noah was only to refrain from eating blood of animals he killed to eat. Also, and not that you've said otherwise, Noah would not have been able to extract blood from a living animal and eat it because he was not to eat an animal with its life (i.e., living).

The thought you shared about blood offered at a Jewish alter taken from an animal without killing the animal is intriguing. I'm not sure I've ever considered the ramifications of that, though I agree with you that such a sacrifice would have had no value under the Jewish system.

Watchtower leverages an idea that the substance of blood was something God held as a sacred substance. We can look at the Genesis account of Noah all day long and not find this. Noah was free to use blood from slaughtered animals to paint his barn or die his clothes and in neither case would he have broken the requirement laid up him.

Another fallacy of Watchtower reasoning is the idea that only after the flood were humans allowed to eat animal flesh, including blood by the way. Watchtower has gone out of its way to keep its followers from reading the very well researched information on this subject.  

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Cofty, I thought this was great research when it was first aired.  It's like good wine it has matured well in the barrel.  Thanks for that. Happy new year to you SL
  • scoobydont
    scoobydont
    Marked.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Bumped
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This evaluation on the JWS blood policy is probably the best I've read on the issue.

Cofty's explanation clears up why there are no other Christian based faiths that created a specific doctrine on blood transfusions, even the most Orthodox Jewish sects.

It has to noted as well that when this doctrine was created by the WTS, they proclaimed that taking BT from another person would in fact introduced the sinful wrongs that the giver of the BT had.

True look it up !   

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Im so pissed off right now, I cant believe they pushed this topic again this weekend during the wt study. I really thought these assholes were leaving this doctrine behind and not going to mention it much anymore since the 2006 awake where they stated that ones could use hemoglobin,  even of cows. This evil Fing cult, I have kids being raised to believe this crap. I just want to go home and rip my wife a new one but I know shes just stupid and ignorant. Someone please just kill this cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit