My Explanation of Why They Got it Wrong About Blood Using Only the NWT

by cofty 203 Replies latest watchtower medical

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

excellent reasoning Cofty..........It passes the unwritten but golden rule, that of common sense .

Why did I not see that when I was "in"? because I trusted the G B to make my decisions for me and to tell me what to believe - just like they all do

• wasblind
    wasblind

Cofty

This is one thread well worth the time it took you to write

and for me to read

Thanks

• Giordano
    Giordano

Jon those are suicide cards and as far as I know Christians are to refrain from committing suicide.

Bravo Cofty! Normally I avoid posts that quote scriptures to make their argument.......but this issue is near to my heart having lost some loved ones who blindly followed the WTBTS concerning blood.

This is a good example of how twisted the WT point of view is. The blood issue was used to further set JW'S off from mainstream religion in other words another propaganda PR stunt to show the world that...... JW's are different! The opposite of 'many living today may not die' instead becoming 'Many living today may well die by avoiding blood!' To accomplish that the rank and file had to be taught that a transfusion was indeed eating. Modern science has shown that a transfusion is not eating and never has been.

Of course the bottom line is that the early belief in the importance of pouring out the blood was brought to us by the very same people who believed in slavery, rape and infanticide and refused to eat the wonderfully nourishing sea food that was on their forbidden list.

I find it ironic that we are allowing a god, who decided to drown the known world, to tell us blood is sacred.

Lurking JW's, facing a potential conflict concerning blood, read all 600(?) plus rules found in the book of Levitius....it will take a while because you will be laughing out loud at the sheer stupidity of most of them.

• Ding
    Ding

The blood requirement was all about respect for life.

So the WTS requires JWs to die (or let their children die) rather than take blood.

It sacrifices life itself for the sake of a symbol.

That shows respect for life?

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• Giordano
    Giordano

Ding here is a great quote from Eric Hoffer:

"An active mass movement rejects the present and centers it's interest on the future. It is from this attitude that it derives it's strength, for it can proceed recklessly with the present- with the health, wealth and lives of it's followers. But it must act as if it has already read the book of the future to the last word. Its doctrine is proclaimed as a key to that book."

• sir82
    sir82

What they care about is that the bible says " ... abstain from blood" . They are confortable with the "dumbed down" command.

This is an excellent point - but it is incomplete.

Not only are they "comfortable" with it, most are completely incapable of reasoning on the issue. Their brains simply "cannot compute". They are systematically trained not to reason, not to make logical conclusions, not to consider nuance and context.

The logic of this post is impeccable. However, it does require thoughts that last longer than a few seconds, and the ability to reach conclusions based on evidence.

JWs literally have that ability trained right out of their minds.

Which, coincidentally, is likely the primary reason that university education is empahatically & repeatedly condemned.

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

OP....I'd love to consider your point. But when you say that your argument caused an elder to immediately resign and never attend another meeting....you immediately lost me. Makes me think you're a bit delusional.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am not that Elder but I immediately got out when I realized the blood issue was wrong this was in the 1960's where many operations could not be done without blood.

We wanted to start a family and I was not on board with the blood issue. When you realize that then being a JW becomes a lie. My wife and I proudly walked away and started our 'adult' life together.

• cofty
    cofty

You impertinet buffoon XStuckX

caused an elder to immediately resign and never attend another meeting....

I didn't say he "immediately" resigned.

The elder and I discussed my doubts on a number of topics over a period of time. He resigned as an elder a few months after I did and stopped attending meetings around the time I was DFd. He was originally from Yorkshire and served on the building team at the East of the Penines Assembly Hall. We were good friends as elders and shared a common interest in natural history. He is an expert natural history photographer and had done pics for the Awake on a couple of occasions. One was for a little article of well-dressing, a superstition in some parts of England.

He told the other elders he could not teach things he did no longer believed and promised not to discuss his doubts to anybody else. Following our discussion he sent his thoughts on blood to Mill Hill Bethel in London. They wrote back to the BOE and said that it sounded as if he had been talking to apostates. That was the last straw for him and he stopped atending meetings.

The PO was unable to answer my questions on blood, the parousia and the great crowd. He also decided to resign but later changed his mind and is still and elder to this day. It was probably because he had exposed his own doubts that the elders never went after the elder who resigned and allowed him to fade.

He lives 15 miles from me and we still see each other occasionally. His wife continued to attend meetings on her own for many years until she fell victim to early-onset altzhimers.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an apology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit