Florida man shoots teen

by designs 34 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

Michael Dunn pulled into a convenience store parking lot next to a SUV full of teenagers who were playing loud music. He asked the teens to turn down the music, it is uncertain what words were exchanged at that point. Michael Dunn then shot 4 times into the driver's side of the SUV. As the teens fled Dunn shot 4 more times at the SUV. Jordan Davis was shot while inside the SUV and died.

http://aattp.org has some stats on over 200 cases in Florida where Stand Your Ground law exists.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Guess they'll turn down their f***ing music next time.

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

Got an ax to grind against the tea party. Maybe these young thugs will show a little respect understanding that their tug boat mouth and row boat A$$ might get them in a situation that they don't want to be in. If you want to stop violence ARM everyone. Its extremly hard to be an A$$ when you could die from it.

Just my opine like a$$holes everyone has one.

MMH

• designs
    designs

Dunn couldn't have driven away? Don't you think his action was a little extreme.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

If you want to stop violence ARM everyone. Its extremly hard to be an A$$ when you could die from it.

Apparently not.

It's just like the wild, wild west - lawless. I hope Dunn gets due punishment through the "justice" system.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Most places have an ordinance for loud noise

In some city limits , your not supposed

to used anything that make a loud noise before 8:00 AM-8:00PM

Like lawn mowers or chain saws

That man shoulda called the cops

he had every right to call them if they were breakin' a city ordinance

He went to far , as in most cases

MissMy Harley, You sound like a juvenile

who couldn't wait for an excuse to use an ol' sayin'

It's clear you have both an opinion and an Asshole

but you seem to lack any sense

• DJS
    DJS

Dunn seems to be in the same mold as the old white ex cop who killed the man texting in the movie theater. I believe it is an epidemic. Old white guys who can't stand the world because it isn't like they want it to be or used to be. Texting may be annoying but it isn't worth shooting someone over. Oh that's right, dumbass was afraid of the popcorn. I guess that teaches you not to bring a bag of popcorn to a gun fight.

Dunn seems to be the same. Young black kids playing their music, which he hates, too loudly. Drive away Dunn. Call the police. It is an excuse or opportunity to vent their pent up rage. Angry old white guy syndrome. You can see them on Rush Limbaugh's show or watching Fox News. They are or feel powerless to change the world back to the good ole days when dumbass white guys ruled everything. They hate that people of color, gays, lesbians or anyone else not exactly like them succeed or thrive. My father fits this mold; i can't stand being around him.

The best thing about this is that within a few years these morons will be off the planet. Yes, sometimes people are rude. Walk away Renee. Or utilize the appropriate means to address, such as management, the cops, etc.

The Rage of the Angry White Male Continues Its Battle Against Equality

Friday, 22 November 2013 11:45

By Mark Karlin, Truthout

Michael Kimmel, expert on male gender issues (Michael Brands, The Aspen Institute)

Is there hope that the ugly, hateful era of the angry white male might come to an end in the United States?

Michael Kimmel, author of Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era, believes that the incendiary rage of many resentful white males will ultimately succumb to an altered cultural context.

"Angry white men rage for our attention, yes, but that era of assumed male entitlement to all the positions of power and wealth is coming to an end." Kimmel told Truthout. "Men can be dragged kicking and screaming into that inevitable future, or we can accept it and ask what it means for us."

• startingover13
    startingover13

Stupid ass Americans. At times, I'm ashamed of my country.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I remember my younger years full of loud music blasting through huge speakers. It's called being a teenager!! Do I like it now? Of course not, but I certainly wouldn't tell a group of kids to turn down their music in a public parking lot. Why couldn't this person just roll up his window? Maybe because he was drunk and looking for trouble. What did they stop at this store for? A bottle of wine and some chips.

I will never visit Florida!! Too many stand your ground freaks carrying guns.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

I live in Florida... Wesley Chapel to be exact...

the theater shooting happened at the theater I take my wife and kids to. THe Cobb theater.

the Zimmerman shooting took place about 40 minutes from me in an area where my sister inlaw lives

this shooting took place in Jacksonville, where some of my wifes other relatives live and we were there for a reunion 2 years ago.

Florida seems to be a hub for the Stnad you Ground law killings and honestly it is scary. The existence of the law makes people think as soon as they feel threatened they SHOULD shoot. As we know some people are threatened by the mere existence of other people, so this law is going to really cause some far more severe things to start happening.

If you are at a public place and idiots are blasting music why even bother provoking them. You will be there for 3 to 5 minutes then leave. Why would you do this? Because you know that as soon as you have a reason you can kill. He said he thought he son a gun in the car. However the police found no gun.

"Dunn's fiancee, Rhonda Rouer, earlier testified that she and Dunn had been drinking at the Thanksgiving weekend wedding of Dunn's son, Chris, before the shooting, with Dunn drinking several rum and cokes."

SO now we know he was drinking heavily as well.

"I hate that thug music,'' Dunn said to her before she entered the gas station to buy wine and potato chips, Rouer testified."

So he doiesn't like the type of music being played. Gets

" The pair left the scene of the shooting and returned to their hotel, where Dunn ordered pizza and they had more rum and cokes, Rouer said."

So obviously he thought what he did had no reason to be reported. WOW

"

"The entry point and path of the bullet that killed Davis made it unlikely the youth was standing outside the SUV when he was shot, according to medical examiner Stacey Simons. That testimony appeared to counter defense attorney Cory Strolla's claim that Davis had threatened Dunn.

Davis likely died moments after the shooting. A toxicology expert said Davis had no signs of drugs or alcohol in his body."

So you fire into a car and shoot people who you THINK have a shotgun. THis is not a responsible gun owner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit