Health Advise Needed.

by RottenRiley 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT WANT TO KNOW.

I have several reasons for thinking like that, I've never had or never will have a mammograhy or colonoscopy to whatever cancer test there is out there. It's a to each his own situation

I myself have seen many, many folks, inlcuding my dad get diagnosd with the Big C, have the positive attitude to beat it , some did chemo, my father didn't and of all the people I'm referring to they ALL died.

That's why my mantra is "life is crap shoot".

• zebagain
    zebagain

Everyone google Bill henderson.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

All Good Advise, Shirley my brother was convinced he "Jinxed" himself by saying "I know I have the worst cancer there is", he as dead eigth months latter. My JW family treated him like dirt, he had problems battling the Cult and his dying wish was for me to learn the Truth about the Truth, he said he could die in peace if I knew how nasty the religion treated people.

• metatron
    metatron

Absolutely get regular exams from your doctors.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2012/ss2012_Selenium-Protect-Against-Cancer_01.htm

Consider taking moderate doses of selenium.

If you get cancer, do what your doctor says and also investigate Vermox because it was dropped from manufacture in the US by Teva Pharmaceuticals after it became probable that it halted tumor growth but was too cheap to continue making.

metatron

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Just looked up Mebendazole, or Vermox as it's called above, it's available at Ebay, Drugstore.com and other sites that sell pharmaceuticals..

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

What if you go to the doctor, but don't have cancer? Maybe the doctor can advise you on steps you can take to avoid the risk, given your history. It would be a relief and might save your life.

If you do have cancer, it it might be in an early, treatable stage. Yes it would be bad to get the news, but at least you would know for sure, instead of having it hanging over you taking away your ability to enjoy life.

Worst case scenario, you have it, and your options are limited. But you would have time to get your affairs in order and enjoy your remaining time.

Usually things things we worry about are not as bad as reality. Knowledge is power.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I find it hard to beleive that people would rather bury their head in the sand than take positive steps to reduce the risks of a potentially fatal disease.

Of course if you nip the disease in the bud you have a far greater chance of either containing it or even curing it .

If you dont take this course of action you will surely die.

Then again some people leave it too late to get help , then wish they had never got the diagnosis that tells them its too late ,"you should have acted earlier , your going to die."

I personally know of a young lady who was diagnosed with chrones disease , didnt take the doctors advice , and when it was too late went back to the doctor for help , and was told, I`m sorry you have left it too late ,we cant help you , she died far too young.

smiddy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

RottenRiley - A year or two afterTed Kennedy died, his daughter died of heart attack, although ten or more years earlier she was diagnosed with cancer that she beat. I remember reading in her obit about her bout with cancer that one Dr. told her there was really nothing that could be done for her, she found another Dr. that was able to treat her, and if she didn't have that heart attack she would probably still be alive. Also take into account that she was a Kennedy and I don't think lack of money is an issue with them, so I'm sure the Dr. who told her nothing could be done and the one that saved her life, me or you could probably not afford to sit in his waiting room.

Like I said, life is a crap shoot, ya' never know, even when you have the funds to seek out the best medical help.

• humbled
    humbled

Yep--go to a doctor. On Feb. 23 last year I was diagnosed with anal canal cancer after having symptoms.

I went through treatment and so far it looks like I am clear of it.

Go. To. A. Doctor.

and stay in touch!

Maeve

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

RR, You will want to go to the Doctor for the very reason that you have people who love you and you them. They want to do the party dance of life with you, not go to your funeral.

I had a school friend. His mom had breast cancer in her 30's and lived to be over 90.

His son had testicular cancer. He took care of it soon enough and now has 2 children.

I talked to this friend on the phone 2 1/2 years ago. He told me his only sibling, had died. I was shocked. He said he got cancer and did not want to go to the doctor and then when he went, it was too late.

He then told me he was a 3 year survivor himself of bone cancer, so the cancer gene runs in his family.

RottenRiley ... We are your friends and want the best for you.

Go to the Doctor, get the results and share with us your happiness or concerns.

(((Hugs)))

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit