3 years of study, Just found out!

by impala63rag 137 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

Let me summarize my main observations:

Science: They (Jehovah's witnesses) rely on science to gather information to show their readers how wonderful creation is, but reject it the moment it offers any evidence that challenges their dogma or theology.

History: They need historians to obtain dates to back up their multiple failed prophecies, but reject historians when they show that their theology is founded on error. Then they fabricate their own history. Research the destruction of Jerusalem, was it in 607 or 587?

Archaeology: same as above.

Linguistics: They need linguists, especially experts of the ancient languages of the Bible, but reject them the moment their theology is threatened. Research "the Cross"

Biblical Scholarship: same as above.

The double standards are all over the place. Is it hypocrisy or the leaders don't know what they are doing?. It's a combination, I believe. However the main reason is that they want to maintain absolute power at all cost over the innocent rank and file.

The list of inconsistencies is very, very long. Do your research and when you are done, start teaching your teachers. they are innocent victims that need help.

I have never been a JW

• never a jw
    never a jw

Don't run away. Do research about JW's. It abounds in the internet and most of it is very relaible because it came out of the Watchtower printers. Once you know few of the controversies, start asking questions. Just don't be confrontational. You may be able to plant a seed that will grow and help liberate people from the authoritarian and cruel grasp of this evil organization.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Did he explain to you why his sister was disfellowhipped? I would ask him about the faithful and discreet slave.

There are a lot of things that don't make sense in JW world.

You didn't phrase the question properly. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's sole channel to people today. They speak for God, and any JW who denies that the "Faithful & Discreet Slave," is giving them all their spiritual food in this time of the end, is subject to suspicion and can be put on trial in front of their own private panel of elders.

What evidence can they show you that the GB is that slave, or even that we are supposed to follow a slave. (Who sends money to slaves, and waits for their instructions to come to them in a magazine format? ... JWs do. Does that make sense?)

• smiddy
    smiddy

"I asked if they believed that the Watchtower was the word of God. They said no, that it is inspired by God because it is based on scripture, but that they do not speak for God.".....????

So they said , the watchtower is not the word of God , { agreed } yet it is inspired by God { ? } because it is based on scripture { ? isnt every other Xian religion that quotes the bible ?} but that they do not speak for God ? { They identify themselves as jehovahs witnesses , bearing witness to what they claim jehovah has said and/or prophesised } Why then do they continually over the past 130 years alter, adjust ,reject,change,modify,contradict,what has been previously attributed to jehovahs will in their publications and then excuse /rationalise these changes as new light , when in fact it has been a change brought about by wrong interpretation of scripture in the first place.

Get yourself an education about jehovahs witnesses.A good place to start is , JW Facts.Do yourself a favour and log on.If you still want to study with jw`s , then I`m sorry their is no hope for you.

smiddy

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

THE SCOTTISH TRIAL - 1954

The following testimony excerpts are from the Pursuer's Proof of Douglas Walsh vs The Right Honourable James Latham Clyde,MP, PC, as representing the Minister of Labour and National Service. Copies of the complete transcript or parts thereof may be obtained from the Scottish Records Office, H.M. General Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland. The numbers following the quotations show the transcript page on which the testimony is found.

HAYDEN C COVINGTON - Former Lawyer for the Watchtower Society

Q. Is it not vital to speak the truth on religious matters?
    A. It certainly is.

Q. You have promulgated - forgive the word - false prophecy?
    A. We have. I do not think we have promulgated false prophecy, there have been statements that were erroneous, that is the way I put it, and mistaken.
    Q. It was promulgated as a matter which must be believed by all members of Jehovah's witnesses that the Lord's Second Coming took place in 1874?
    (A short discussion of evidence given by Fred W Franz about 1874 takes place here.)
    Q. That was the publication of false prophecy?
    A. That was the publication of a false prophecy, it was a false statement or an erroneous statement in fulfilment of a prophecy that was false or erroneous.
    Q. And that had to be believed by the whole of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    A. Yes, because you must understand, we must have unity, we cannot have disunity with a lot of people going every way, an army is supposed to march in step.

Q. Back to the point now, a false prophecy was promulgated?
    A. I agree to that.
    Q. It had to be accepted by Jehovah's witnesses?
    A. That is correct.
    Q. If a member of Jehovah's witnesses took the view himself that that prophecy was wrong, and said so, would he be disfellowshipped?
    A. Yes, if he said so, and kept on persisting in creating trouble, because if the whole organisation believes one thing, even though it be erroneous, and somebody else starts on his own trying to put his ideas across, then there is a disunity and trouble, there cannot be harmony, there cannot be marching ...... Our purpose is to have unity.
    Q. Unity at all costs?
    A. Unity at all costs, because we believe and are sure that Jehovah God is using our organisation,the governing body of our organisation, to direct it, even though mistakes are made from time to time.
    Q. A unity based on an enforced acceptance of false prophecy?
    A. That is conceded to be true.
    Q. And the person who expresses his view, as you say, that it was wrong, and was disfellowshipped, would be in breach of the covenant, if he was baptised?
    A. That is correct.
    Q. And as you said yesterday expressly, would be worthy of death?
    A. I think....
    Q. Would you say yes or no?
    A. I will answer yes, unhesitatingly.
    Q. Do you call that religion?
    A. It certainly is.
    Q. Do you call that Christianity?
    A. I certainly do.
    PP. 345-348

http://www.caic.org.au/jws/control/trial-1.htm

---------

"Unity". "Harmony". "Marching in step" like a[n] (mindless) army.

Those are terms for CONTROL. It doesn't matter if they totally got 1874 wrong (false prophecy). Or 1914 (false prophecy). Or 1975 (false prophecy). Or the "generation who witnessed 1914" teaching (false prophecy), which was scrapped in 1995, would make those ones well over 100 years old and are dead now.

Deuteronomy 18:20- 22:

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

-----------

Get yourself an education about jehovahs witnesses.A good place to start is , JW Facts.Do yourself a favour and log on. If you still want to study with jw`s , then I`m sorry there is no hope for you.

Agreed.

Unless you understand the machinations of mind control/brainwashing/persuasive coersion, then you have no hope of combatting it and/or protecting your loved ones from its influence. It's how the talks and publications are engineered by the leadership. Learn about the BITE model of cult identification (behavior, information, thought and emotional control of followers).

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The Watchtower is "inspired by God, because it is based on the scriptures...

Let's look at the article you read last week, Watchtower December 15, 2013: "Don't Be Shaken From Your Reason!"

First section (paragraph 1-2):

"As we approach the end of this wicked system, Satan’s anger grows because he has only “a short period of time” left. (Rev. 12:12) So we can expect increased duplicity on the part of those who are influenced by the Devil, especially toward those who promote true worship.

2 Misleading statements and outright lies about Jehovah’s servants and their beliefs are sometimes featured in the media. Newspaper headlines, television documentaries, and Internet Web pages are used to propagate untruths. As a result, some people become disturbed, gullibly believing such lies."

These words are inspired by God? Really...?? Please do think about this for a moment... Does the above statement ring true or make sense to you?

Do the writers who work for Jehovah's writing department, realize that it is actually illegal to publish "outright lies" in the newspaper or television documentaries? Why do their lawyers not take legal action against these wicked people, defaming the name of Jehovah??

Are they trying to hide something?

Does the above paragraph from God's inspired magazine, make you wonder what untruths and outright lies are being propgated by the media?

www.jwsurvey.org has some examples of recent cases being brought into court against the Watchtower and its policies regarding their coverup of child sexual abuse.

You can also Google the names "Candace Conti Jehovah's Witness" and "Ronald Lawrence Jehovah's Witness" and "Mark Anthony Sewell Jehovah's Witness" for cases that are currently in court. These are not lies.

How do you identify the one true religion? You will know them by their fruits... over 23,700 child abuse cases reported to the Watchtower, and they keep them in a secret file at WTS headquarters... See www.silentlambs.org for more information about this database.

----

Also please note: You are either a Jehovah's Witness supporter, or you are "influenced by the Devil." (see above from God's inspired magazine)

Which choice will you make??

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

As Data-Dog correctly points out, the judging of the faithful slave is a future event. They has shown to be neither "faithful" (getting in bed with the UN, pedophile handling) nor "discrete" (do as we say not as we do).

• impala63rag
    impala63rag

I might just fade away. The couple that I study with just told me that they are thinking about moving an hour away to help a struggling congregation. If they decide to do so, they will be moving in a few weeks. I do not really know any of the other memebers at the congregation. A few have come by to study though. Anyways, I wont be going to the KH, And I really dont want to study with anyone else.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Impala, I can imagine that this has put your thoughts in a spin.

In fairness, most Jehovah's Witnesses are decent and sincere people. That is the draw. But each Jehovah's Witness is also captive to the concept that an Organization represents God and speaks for God. In that organization there is no place for the individual. No freedom to be yourself. You must comply and follow.

Most important, EVERY scripture they use is twisted and made to say something that it does not, all in support of the Organization concept.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Impala, JWs are very good at twisting everything so they always look good and the other people look bad. I had a very good friend at work. After I was DFed she stopped talking to me. We used to be very close so it was really obvious to others. When they asked me what happened I always said ask R. it was her decision. After a long time I found out that she actually always said that I don't talk to her either. I was really upset and did confront her about it. I told her that she well knows that it was fully her decision and the only reason is that some organization told her to do so. I also told her that the only reason why she blames me is that if she tried to explain the truth most people would think that JWs are a crazy controling cult... She is a very nice person, but the stupid WT policies made her into a lier...

I wonder if the couple is really thinking about moving away or if it is preparing to drop you 'gently'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit