Was There ANYTHING The Watchtower Taught You That Benefited You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I found my husband while in the Watchtower religion. We have been married 42 years. He is my soulmate and love of my life and best friend, and father of our 4 children. Watchtower taught me that there are good people within, and some need to follow the path in a little detour in life to find each other, but eventually you can get out and be glad.

Shana

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Listen, obey & go home & spit out the kool-aide that don't apply....What the bible/Literature has helped me with, is patience with life...& the most important thing is to follow God and not man....so as we sit there, just listen & say to yourself & God, you know, I'm not forsaking the meetings but God, you know I ain't listening to them...you can see that God ? Can't you ? Oh, another one is that "We are not perfect"....so I tend not to judge them. Even when I first start coming to the hall, I realized they didn't walk on water....

The WT does give some good advice for all..you just have to decide what is important & what isn't.

Legacy

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It taught me to be a rebel and not celebrate holidays and be my own person. Except that those things can't be done within the organization.

It taught me to be a good, clean, considerate contientious person. I am more mature and self aware than most worldly people are.

• flipper
    flipper

No

• blondie
    blondie

Ditto Flipper, no.

It reminds me of what my mother would say when we went to her for help regarding my father's abuse. "You have to remember he provides food and shelter for you."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes corruption and religion go hand in hand, more so when the religion has

a publishing house operating at its core.

• Imminent1975
    Imminent1975

I learned how to hate people, be judgemental with others, and look down on anyone not doing what I thought they could, and took lessions from the best on how to bird dog everyone and make them feel it.

In addition: I was trained by the elders on how to make unoffical notations of meeting attendance records of those that were there and not there to use later in elders meetings. Was trained how to freeze out promising future elders or servants and make living hell for others in the congregation if they didn't live up to the snobbiest of elders and their wives standards.

I don't claim to be guilty, endorsed, or used of any of these taught things, and if I was, it was unintentional, and I apologize to anyone hurt. I just know that after nearly five years of being away from the hateful environment I have a different disposition and my life is full of peace with little drama and the only soap operas in my life are shown when I am at work. LOL

• david_10
    david_10

I began pioneering after high school. Being a regular pioneer, I learned how to manage money. I had to make a few dollars stretch all week, and I learned how to do it.

Also, being a regular pioneer, I learned how to be self-sufficient. I couldn't afford to hire a mechanic to fix my car, for example, so I had to figure out how to do it myself. Being a regular pioneer made delve into things and figure out how they work. I acquired these skills and habits in my youth, and they have served me well my whole life.

This certainly isn't enough to cancel out all the negative effects of Watchtower addiction, but at least it's something.

David

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Watchtower taught me to QUESTION EVERYTHING!

What are your motives for asking this question?

Why do you want to know?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It taught me how to spot BS really easily using LOGIC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit