Was There ANYTHING The Watchtower Taught You That Benefited You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

It's like being hit as a kid by your parents, all the time. You say, when I have kids, I WILL NEVER beat my kids like my parents did to me!

Once you experience the Witness religion, it's easy to spot what isn't right quite easily!

• Mum
    Mum

I learned that image is everything. Style trumps substance any time.

• DJS
    DJS

1. How to spot controlling groups, people, etc., especially with the language they (mis) use. But I would have probably figured this out anyway.

2. My best friend, who also exited years ago.

Otherwise, NOTHING. I regret ever being associated with that brain dead, hate-filled, mind control cult. It is the single biggest mistake and regret of my life.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yes, the more time I spent hawking religious comic books the higher up the corporate ladder I would climb.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

The price paid outweigh any benefits I received from slaving for the WTS. It could be compared to getting a university degree in prison while serving a life sentence for a murder you never committed. Doing the math hurts...4 years and your freedom...or a lifetime as a prisoner of a cult!

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I learned as a JW child how to be two different people in the same body (my public self and my honest self).

I later learned how difficult it can be to stop being judgemental, self-righteous and un-sympathetic.

ginger

• darthfader
    darthfader

That religion is a snare and a racket... including JW's...

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Since I'm a born in, I will admit it did help in some areas. More so when I was a kid/young adult. It’s definitely helped me with public speaking. It was a good feeling to have everyone tell you that you did a good job on a talk. It helped me develop good “morals” as a child because I didn't want to upset Jah even when no one was watching. It prevented me from getting into fights and what not. It did offer some practical advice such as saving money, or preparing for job interview. Also some of my closest friends are JWs. Before jumping the gun, yes I know you don't NEED religion to teach you how to have morals, or how to prepare for interviews or to save money to be generous but at the time it did help. In fact all the good it did could be attributed to my character but at the time it felt like it was religion.

• designs
    designs

How to tie a half windsor knot.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have learned how to be very eco-friendly in my use of paper towels when in the bathroom.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit