Was There ANYTHING The Watchtower Taught You That Benefited You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

See, a watcher got a benefit and a best friend!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

...and just how as a watcher pointed out, how people can be psychologically infused with delusional

aspirations by telling ancient mythological story telling involving the associating worship of god(s)like spiritual

beings.

... and how certain men have tried to place themselves within that perceived structure of power and control

for their elevated appealing self identity.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Watchtower introduced me to the only true God, Jehovah, and now He is my best friend. .....a watcher

.................The name Jehovah is a 13th Century Catholic Translation Mistake..

.............Your "Best Friend" is a Word that was Spelled Wrong by the Catholics..

......................Be Sure to Thank the.. .................The Watchtower,Bible and..

.................. ........Catholic Pope!.................................... Pope Society..................

....................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

The new Pope would never hang out with these guys!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

They didn't teach me public speaking!

What they taught me was LOVE and friendship is contingent upon how one worships God.

Edited to add: Hi a watcher! ( say it fast and it sounds like Hiawatha! Lol! Maybe not.)

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I guess there were a few benefits... Like not smoking and not doing drugs... I don't know if I would have gone and done those things if I had never been a witness.

But for that small benefit (which most religions teach anyways), I lost a lot.

• minimus
    minimus

In the 1970's I knew a number of "bad" guys that were always in and out of jail who became JWs and stayed out of trouble. Most of them eventually left and or died by the next decade.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Really, how could an experience like that not teach us something? I've learned a lot about human psychology by observing how people like myself can be so easily misled. Lessons in groupthink, gullibility, inner motivation, etc.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Has the Watchtower given you any benefits ?___Minimus

Yes. How to spot a cult

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I learned how to enjoy celibacy while being married.

Believe it or not, the cognitive dissonance that I experienced actually helped me to think critically. The hypocrisy of the org helped me remain somewhat introverted, which contributed to my not "qualifying" for MS or Elder. I believe that will be a huge help as the Org begins to feel the fall-out from it's legalistic policies. I sleep well, knowing that I will never defend a child molester or perjure myself in court for the GB/corporation.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit