Reoccurring dream I have

by punkofnice 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

.........although sometimes slight differences.

Bear in mind I am in the UK and we don't go a bundle on therapy and I can't afford it anyway.

Here is the dream manifest content as best I can recall.............

I am in a town or city. I come across a shop which inside is more like an indoor market, sometimes a cavern. It sells Marvel comics. I look through for Spider-man comics. Never find what I want. The other night I said to the stall holder that the comic covers were too generic and all looked the same.

Sometimes I look for other newsagents/shops to find old Marvel comics, not just Spider-man. END OF DREAM!

1. I have a small collection of silver age Spidey comics

2. They remind me of my childhood

3. I always wanted to be a comic artist

Any analysts out there?

Any further Q's?

• Honesty
    Honesty

You are having flashbacks to the time when you hawked Watchtower comic books.

Those flashbacks will continue until you throw away your collection of Spidey comics.

They are demonized. At least that's what the Watchtower comic book says about them.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Spiderman spins webs.

Webs trap spiders.

The internet is called the wide world web.

Charlotte's Web is a childrens book.

Children have dreams.

Artists dreams are manifest in their works.

A blank canvass can become anything you dare to dream.

Dream weaver.

The Sand Man.

The Quarry Men

The Cavern.

The Beatles!

They were a Marvel!

"I'm looking through you..."

"Money Can't buy me love"

Many artists 'cover'ed Beatles music.

"I read the news today, oh boy!"

Books are for reading.

Reading is FUNdamental.

Comic books are fun reading.

~~

Sorry, Punky, I have no idea!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They are demonized. At least that's what the Watchtower comic book says about them.

Honesty - I remember an Awake!(TM) about how bad comic books were......I had all the comics in the picture inside...Wolverine by Frank Miller! Wonderful!!

I wonder if it's do do with a loss of my youth and optimism?

• humbled
    humbled

I know we change over time, punky. Even establishedartists have evolutions in their work.

Loss of youthful optimism? Maybe. But that you keep looking again and again--

Have you ever looked online for persons, places, sources for instruction in developing your skills in graphic art? If you are a songwriter already you have aptitudes for imagery and narrative. Go on with it. You also have a clarity in processing dispersed elements of seemingly unrelated bits of information.(as in: you got out of the JWs after finding a "2" here and a "2" there and then putting 2+2 together.) In my mind, a person who does that can put out a sharp story.

I'm not a dream interpreter. But maybe dreams serve as prompts to our own inner core. If a thing like this prompts thoughts such as your own--My feeling is to kick it around.

All the best--

Maeve

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for sharing, punk!

Hope you get a satisfying resolution to something so intangible yet real.

As a little boy, I was inspired by the old WT covers with watchtower in foreground and mountain and waterfall in background. That has been the predominating subject matter of my artwork for over 50 years . . .

Go figure; I can't shake it. ???

Best.

CC

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

CoCo, would you say your paintings are impressionistic?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, rip!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

The following interpretation is simply that...an interpretation. The actual relevance of that dream could be simply random firings of cerebral synapses. It is for entertainment purposes only and should not be considered to be applicable to the real world in any way...unless of course you believe in this kind of stuff

The dreams of PunkofNice are one. The town or city is your life, it is reflected as both encompassing and vast, small and confined. It is the measure of yourself at all stages, from childhood to the present. The shop is a reflection of your search, a search for the unknown, a desire for answers to life's questions. The shop fluctuates to an open market, a cavern, signifying the depths of the questions you seek the answers to. The comic books, Spiderman in particular, are the purpose of your questions. They are a reflection of an easier time, when life did not present so many obstacles, so much confusion. Your search is for that which will bring you happiness and comfort just as Spiderman filled your life with awe and amazement, you continue to be intrigued by that which your life currently lacks. The "generic" nature of the covers is the muddled nature of your quest as it still remains undefined and nebulous. The adjustment in the search to include other comics signifies that there still remain underlying questions, not as complex or encompassing as the others, but still relevant to your overall search.

Alternate interpretation:

It is a dream about searching for comic books.

SOP

• humbled
    humbled

Cindarella said:

"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Did born-ins get to see this? it invoved a fairy god-mother.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit