Reoccurring dream I have

by punkofnice 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• crazy2try
    crazy2try

I watched...and my family was pretty strict about a lot of things. But they called bogus on banning movies with magic. I even was allowed to watch the smurfs. LOL. My parents thought that the Jws who banned it were stupid.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Punky

I can't claim to decifer dreams

But I had one of my own that I decifered very well

I dreamed I was in the WTS version of paradise

When I woke up, I realized that was Hell

Couldn't find a smoked ham nowhere

• minimus
    minimus

You are looking, in life, for something unattainable.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You're a born in like me. Are you trying to find your authentic self as the shrinks like to call it? Going back to your childhood and the dream you had of being a comic artist? I know we can't always go back and it's not always realistic to go back to our earliest dreams. But I like the basic concept of finding who I really was before all that cult crap and trying to fulfil some of those dreams.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

random firings of cerebral synapses

yes, that's it. Nice when the random firings make a good story. I've had dreams about the same mountain for many years now, and I have recurring dreams about the Beijing Hotel. I think random stuff floats around in dreams and the mind tries to make sense out of it.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Just a side note Punky, evolution and psychology are not mutually exclusive, dream analysis is not woo. Sigmund Freud said that the interpretation of dreams was the royal road to the unconscious. Whereas some dreams are obviously just a random rehashing of recent events, repetitive dreams may be coming from your unconscious mind.

There is an interesting paper here from Yale suggesting that the unconscious mind may be more complex and deliberate than was first thought.

ABSTRACT—The unconscious mind is still viewed by many psychological scientists as the shadow of a ‘‘real’’ conscious mind, though there now exists substantial evidence that the unconscious is not identifiably less flexible, complex, controlling, deliberative, or action-oriented than is its counterpart. http://www.yale.edu/acmelab/articles/Bargh_Morsella_Unconscious_Mind.pdf

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hey, thanks for all your comments peeps. I have taken all of them 'on board' as they say in 'offlish'.

Sorry I can't reply individually.

I get the feeling I'm trying to tell myself something.........perhaps I need a radioactive spider bite.......or maybe actually do some arty stuff.

So my gf and I are working on some arty stuff now.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Arty Stuff!! I don't know him, but I hope I get to see him!

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

bad dreams are said to be caused by stinky odors. Please check your top lip.

• rip van winkle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit