Live debate tonight: Bill Nye (evolution) vs Ken Ham (creationism)

by EndofMysteries 33 Replies latest social current

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, Laika, it's the same reason Richard Dawkins (a professor of biology) refuses to debate uneducated Xian apologetists like Ray Comfort: it looks good on their resume, and by giving them credibility by creating a false equivalency, but does little for the scientist's cred...

Matt Dilahunty was talking about this debate a few weeks back on the Atheist Experience Show, and he and Martin had similar reservations about how it's a 'win' for Ken Ham, right off the bat (an opportunity for Ken Ham to pull off a Gish Gallop):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_2S3JMM19Q

(The comments on Bill Nye debate start at the 47:00 mark)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..........................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Probably the best place to view/hear this is debatelive.org

Had I actually known about this, I would have made an outing of it. Probably best that I did not because I am sure to be dissappointed by the usual rhetoric.

• paranoia agent
  • cofty
    cofty

Say hi if you are listening live and lets have some comments.

• cofty
    cofty

Why does Ham think the opinions of inventors, engineers and astronomers are relevant to a debate about biological evolution?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Hi cofty!

Got through the part when Ham was trashing your avatar and had to sign off few minutes later....I just couldn't take it in real time. May watch the recording later with much needed breaks...

• cofty
    cofty

Yeah bloody cheek of the man. When did a creationist ever begin a sentence with "I think..."?

I'm off to bed shortly, I will listen to the rest later. Ham's main presentation is devoid of content. He does seem to have calmed down a bit since I last heard him.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

ken ham said that the terms science and evolution have been hijacked and went on some rant about that.

is he saying it's not "fair" for people to label evolution as science and creationism as...well, not?

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

he's making himself look really bad with this...genesis lays the foundation for all christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit