Live debate tonight: Bill Nye (evolution) vs Ken Ham (creationism)

by EndofMysteries 33 Replies latest social current

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I thought I'd share since I figured some on this forum would be interested being that the same topic has been debated numerous times here.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/02/03/why-im-debating-the-science-guy-about-creationism/?hpt=hp_t2

I wish I was able to see it but I'm assuming I'll be able to catch it on youtube or transcripts.

• Laika
    Laika

I don't understand why Bill would agree to this debate, sounds like a bad idea.

• EndofMysteries
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I agree with Laika, I cannot see what Bill will achieve, Ken has been debated so amny times and he just resorts to the infalibility of the bible fallacy.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I was just about to post this when I saw your thread.....gonna be interesting.....

• Comatose
    Comatose

Editors note: Ken Ham will debate Bill Nye on February 4 at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky, with CNN's Tom Foreman moderating. The debate will be livestreamed at CNN.com at 7 pm ET, and Piers Morgan Live will interview Ham and Nye on Tuesday at 9 ET.

• designs
    designs

Since Christian and Islamic Fundamentalists support a Young Earth model and they want it taught as Science in our Public School systems it very much needs to be debated and exposed the way the Scopes Trial let the air out of Fundamentalism in the last century.

• Viviane
  • Laika
    Laika

Ken Ham is not a scientist, he's a clown, and it's providing funding to Ken's creation museum! How can Bill think this is good for science!? Terrible idea.

• cofty
    cofty

Debating a creationist is like agreeing to the following contest...

They get 20 minutes to trash your room with a sledgehammer.

You get 20 minutes to fix it.

You fail - they claim victory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit