Tech49 has the CO over for lunch

by Tech49 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

A simple thought exercise: If you had the current Pope over for dinner instead, who do you think would most closely resemble the biblical Jesus, the Pope or the CO?

Not that I'm pushing Catholicism. I'm an atheist, but it put things in perspective.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

How can he collect SSI if he never worked?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

in 40 years,we've onlyhad one CO that was a real tool. it was'nt samuel brown was it? sure sounds like him

• milola
    milola

• Oubilette. SSI I think is basically welfare for people who have never worked or who don't have enough work credits to bring them above the minimum normal SS benefit.
  • problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have a couple theories here.

1) I think while percieved power means something to some of these idiots, some are less adept at wrking the system than others. So those that are fat, uninteresting, not particularly good speakers, and in areas where they may not have a ton of $......tend to resent "real life". Your life and happiness is a point right at the heart of their own secret anxiety, about how they end up. He is trying to convince you with that nonsense at the end of the meal, more than himself.

2) The ones that are truely extraverts, work the system, get the handouts, accept the houses and cars the old widows leave them, and set themselves up for the future knowing it will come to and end, because they have seen how it works forst hand.

3) Don't discount the fact there are true believers out there, that really do believe Jehovah is going to miraculously provide, and that all them being a burden on the local friends really is. We have a guy living out of the back of a local kingdom hall. He is pretty dry and I think was a CO before perhaps being hurt or something? Anyways, he is HUGE. I mean seriously obese. You didn't store all that up NOT being taken care of.

4) The last thing to consider, is that at least out here in Cali, these guys are VERY old. So sometimes half senile by the time they leave the road. In that case, they won't know better either way.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The last C.O. I had to deal with was an ass in our one-on-one conversation (with the P.O. standing by with his jaw dropped at how much of an ass the C.O. was), but he knew how to feign interest in the members and seemed to remember names well. He knew how to at least show proper thanks to anyone for a meal or any effort to aid his ministry or just show up at events during his visit.

Your C.O. sounds like a special kind of ass if he doesn't even go through the motions. Even when they don't mean it, they say how not everyone can be in a position to put aside their distractions.

That's all the defending of C.O.'s I can do because they usually do have stuff in their talks about these things, and they are asses when they get with the elders to discuss the congregation.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

It will be very sad when he comes to the realization that when he can no longer serve and is of no real value to the ORG that they will release him into the wild. He EXPECTS that others will help him, but unfortunately, those people are becoming more and more scarce. It will be like in the movie where the woman is stripped of her nobility and her conniving daughter tells her, "You are just like me....a GREAT BIG NOBODY!" Yes, rock star status disappears quite quickly and Gluten free costs a LOT MORE!

The world is a scary place for those so sheltered, particularly when they are kicked out of the shelter!

SOP

• steve2
    steve2

Guys, this is why when we hear news of COs and others having to retire and not having much to fall back on, I do not have much empathy. THis organization has a long, long, long history of guilting people into giving up creature comforts to put the kingdom first, and then dropping them like used vessels when they are no longer needed. Most of us here who were born in the organization knew of cases - even when we were active JWs - of this happening. The rank and file generally know what happens when you retirem with little and will have seen firsthand the effects. Yet many continue to be ill-prepared for their own retirement, let alone whispering about the higher ups.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Tech49, If the CO lives in the USA, you might want to send him the following link to how to qualify for Social Security: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10035.pdf. The bottom line is that if he has not paid social security tax he is out-of-luck getting SSI.

How do you qualify for retirement benefits?

When you work and pay Social Security taxes, you earn
    “credits” toward Social Security benefits.

The number of credits you need to get retirement benefits
    depends on when you were born. If you were born in 1929
    or later, you need 40 credits (10 years of work).

If you stop working before you have enough credits to
    qualify for benefits, the credits will remain on your Social
    Security record. If you return to work later on, you can
    add more credits so that you qualify. We cannot pay any
    retirement benefits until you have the required number
    of credits.

Kuddos to you for using a very interesting tactic to help your wife see through the WTBTS's BITE control.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I always hated these pretenious bastards and their snooty wives.

The last CO I was around got his ass tore by me, then I resigned as an elder and was out for good within a couple of months.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit