Tech49 has the CO over for lunch

by Tech49 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• BU2B
    BU2B

He was so rude and insulting. I hope he ends up living under a bridge.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

One power hungry brother told me awhile back that there is no CO that he cannot buy for cong backing. Amazing how God can provide for these traveling brothers while in the meager circuit work.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Thats pretty funny. Not too surprising I guess. It's a shame too. There are some nice ones and some like him. Not shaking your hand and not actually talking with you and not showing the kids any attention are signs of a real ego maniac who is in it for the power.

Thanks for sharing.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Should have told him how nice and easy it must be to be a travelling overseer these days mooching off the friends.. In the 1st century Paul had to support himself tentmaking.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

There are some nice ones and some like him. Not shaking your hand...

This brought back a latent memory. There used to be CO in a neighboring circuit 20 or so years ago who refused to shake hands, supposedly because it was a good way of spreading germs. Word is he would shake your hand once and then alert you to his preference. From that point forward you were not to extend him a hand. I don't know this first hand but it was relayed to me by some people who were pretty high up and reliable sources of information.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Tech49:

I've got to hand it to you for keeping it together and not throwing this ingrate into the street!

Just the idea that somebody could come into my home and eat my food and then look around and criticize what they do not know would be too much for me to silently tolerate. They forget that they are a GUEST and are receiving CHARITY. I'd never feed these bastards or give them the time of day.

I feel sorry for the hard-working people in attendance. But there is an upside to this: hopefully, this ungrateful, bragging, ignorant talk will serve to open some of the people's eyes who were there. I hope nobody ever gives him any money.

I am glad you asked him these questions because he deserves to squirm!

I hope and pray that all these individuals in the religion who are living on the charity of working people who they have such disdain for, get the chance to taste the life of one of these working people. Yes, I wish for this to happen to these ungrateful, deluded people in the religion before they die. Let them pay for their own "special dietary needs".

I want them to experience the anxiety and WORRY that the average person feels.

• steve2
    steve2

A tool is a tool. How can a tool be anything else other than a tool...and a born in tool at that?

On the other hand, you have choices because, clearly, you are not a tool.

Promise yourself that you will never knowingly allow anyone in your own home who behaves the way the CO behaved. I'm afraid, that running a company or not, you have been another willing doormat. And, despite your smiles and nicely penetrating questions about retirement, it hurts to alow yourself to be walked over and disregarded, doesn't it?

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

I feel your pain Tech49.

My wife and I fed a CO and his wife once a few years ago. We fixed the house up nice, had it sparkling inside and out, fixed one of our special dishes, and really rolled out the red carpet. They came, ate one serving, never complimented our home, never complimented the dish, did not thank us for the meal, and then left.

There was a funky energy the whole time they were there. There was a self-rightoeus air about them. He didn't hit us with any counsel, but we felt like they were judging us for having a nice house and probably for both of us working and not pioneering.

Instead of being thankful we could afford to provide them a nice meal in a nice setting, they sat in judgement. They preach "Jehovah provides" and then scoff at the vessel Jehovah used to feed them that day.

It's amazing how some of these guys get so out of touch with reality, presumptuous, and self-righteous.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I tend to agree with most of the comments so far. Yes, probably a little painful reminder that most of them are ungrateful leeches that EXPECT to be treated as royalty, and then leave nothing in return. It's even more sad that they have forgotten the basic tenets of being appreciative, thankful, and humble.

I knew what I was getting into, and after reflection, so did Victoria. We asked for it, we fully got what we expected. We were just hoping for an exception, a different outcome, one where we recieved a little "encouragement" for putting forth the effort, blah blah blah, etc etc.

Maybe some words of wisdom and kindness, more so for the young couples there at the table who had went out of their way for the bum, for the almost-grown kids that had their entire future in front of them. Maybe a personal interaction that they wouldnt get at the KH. Nope, just a quick lesson in how to be a WT nitwit for the rest of your life, taking advantage of the friends, sucking up to the "richies" and ending up a miserable excuse for a "shepherd", a shallow lifeless company-man.

It was a great lesson for all in attendance. And no, no more invitations to my home and to be a part of my family's private lives if you are emotionally and physically draining, and can't contribute anything to the general well-being of people. I dont need to be belittled for my choices and for what we have.

Brother C.O., you missed a grand opportunity to make a difference. Sorry, we don't have time for you, I dont care what your title is.

Jack Harper, Tech49

• sspo
    sspo

We are the ones that will be paying his SSA and SSI since he never paid into it and most likely he can collect also food stamps. If he shows up or settles in California there is also a good chance he can get on " section 8" which is almost free housing.

All paid by taxpayer money.

I know a couple that pioneered all their lives and now are collecting approx. $820 a month and receive food stamps.

Jehovah does not provide damn thing ...we the taxpayers do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit