Tech49 has the CO over for lunch

by Tech49 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• finally awake
    finally awake

He's going to be in for a nasty surprise when he finds out there is no social security if you didn't pay in for at least 10 years...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I knew some nice circuit overseers and their wives, but this was more than 30 years ago. Of course, I was oblivious about most things anyway, so might not have noticed any bad behavior.

• bildad
    bildad

One CO, later DO, Dick Moreland set great example. A wealthy brother was used to discreetly giving contributions. Moreland told him, in a nice way, he didn't really need it. He said he would just put the money in the contribution box. A pretty rare example.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

The Congregation brown noser publishers are at fault for those self righteous, haughty C.O.'s.

They develope a sense of entitlement when the publishers kiss their feet, give them green handshakes and treat them as rock stars. If they were humble and truly slaved for others, they would eat whatever is put in front of them and accept the hospitality given. At least they should keep ther mouths shut about others posessions as the publishers pay the C.O. expenses as car, health insurance etc.

The WT has imposed the C.O.s on the Congregations. They get free healthcare, free car, free gas (the branch gives them a gas card), tax free cash ( a c.o. confessed receiving $500-$800 u.s. dollars a week!)gifts such as electronics, free cable, free food and powerful authority over congregations.When you add it all up they're living at least $45-50k dollar a year lifestyle. No wonder they are company men and will go along with whatever B.S. the GB tells them to do and teach as their lifestyle and authority is at risk.

W.H.Conley

The figures above are for the C.O's in the USA. It is not the same in developing nations as Jehovahs provides well only for C.O.'s in the U.S. and doesnt care much about those in 3rd world countries.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

As far as I know, COs all drop dead in their mid 60's so he won't be mooching off the 'SSI'. Here in Australia they give you the pension at 67 and it's barely even enough to pay rent. Often the oldies get funneled into nursing homes that take their pension in exchange for board and some care. It's better if you have superannuation though.

But really, what a moocher! These pampered COs who have never done a day's work and are princes of the circuit have no idea just how much things cost. I told a CO we pay $370 a week rent and he nearly fell off the chair. Anyone who saw our house would think we pay more. It's cheap for where we live, but COs have no clue because someone else always pays for them.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

This sounds a lot like Roger Triplett

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Wouldn't it be nice if people treated the CO like any other elder?

Remember when that was official policy?

CO's get away with being tyrants and being borderline anti social because they have too much power, no one dares challenge them.

It must be a rude awakening when the are no long CO, and they don't get the constant deference and ego stroking.

• Wozwozza
    Wozwozza

I've had a few CO and DO"s over the years stay for meals etc when I was in ,some ok some bad and rude but I always had a chuckle to myself when they were coming around and the elders would be almost pleading for anyone to take them in ,especially if they were carrying a reputation.

• sir82
    sir82

As far as I know, COs all drop dead in their mid 60's so he won't be mooching off the 'SSI'.

Good lord, no.

We had a string of guys well into their 80's.

One was a real jerk, but I felt sorry for the rest. These guys should have been sitting on a porch, in a rocking chair, with their great-grandkids in their lap, not working the 40+ hour schedule of a CO.

They were clearly tired, had lost whatever speaking ability (or any other ability) they once had, but they kept hanging on. Likely because, if they stopped, there was no other source of income.

• franticfran
    franticfran

We had one CO come to visit and I offered to do the lunch for him and his wife, and when I asked him if there was anything he didnt like (I meant food) he said "I dont like being hungry!" I watched him shoveling the food down himself, and I thought to myself,"this man is digging his own grave with a knife and fork and I am helping him" and yes, he died of a heart attack a year later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit