So which religion IS actually correct?

by punkofnice 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

What amazes me is how each 'theist/believer' is totally convinced that their way/cult is the correct one. Even Xtians are not in agreement over doctrine.

i believe that if you are trully seeking some sort of 'truth' or 'meaning' you WILL find it, somewhere. Be it religion, a relationship or somewhere else. This is how people can become convinced of their faiths.

The study of the human mind is very interesting to say the least, and understanding it certaintly helps in comprehending how one person choses a religion over another, or why there are theists vs believers.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With all the problems in Christi-SCAM-ity, Judaism, and Islam, I would suggest looking beyond the boundaries of these religions and pagan-style religions which are influenced by such religions. Research several of them before committing to any of them--and, if you are searching for xian religions, research doubly deep (hint: The whole platform is rotten.) Look in places you thought were offensive. Remember, even the LIE-ble is blatant about it if you look without prejudice--joke-hova threatened mankind with death for gaining knowledge, while Satan tried to free us from that tyranny.

And there is no penalty for "taking too long to make up your mind". You are better off an atheist or agnostic, or holding several different belief systems that evolve as new information comes to your attention, than jumping too quickly and landing in a cult. Even among Satanists, there are cults--dangerous ones--involving animal abuse and human sacrifice as parts of their rituals. If a Satanist group uses animal abuse or human sacrifice where blatant and permanent mutilation is part of the ritual, be careful because it is a cult. True Satanists do not abuse animals or torture people for no good reason--and certainly not as part of their rituals.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ADCMS - By God's silence I detect no God there at all.

Monsieur - I call the finding of the 'true' faith 'confirmation bias'. I guess we believe what we want to at the end of it all.

WTWizard - I looked at mysticism but it just seemed as illusive as everything else really. Left hand path, right hand path, xtianity.......I have had no revelation or prayer answered by any god ever. I await such an answer....then I'll know for sure.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Seriously

i may not be able to find out the ultimate answers to our existence but I believe that i can find out some answers if i continue searching with as much honest critical thinking as I am capable of. it is so easy to fall into thinking traps one must monitor oneself constantly. We deceive ourselves and often fall for "so called evidence" and it is a rocky road. One has to be willing to accept something that may be unexpected and uncomfortable and not what you had hoped for if there if solid evidence.

i felt very disappointd when all the paths i had followed turned out to be wrong but it's part of the learning process and i feel that using my remaining lifetime finding out anything that might be true occupies my meaning of life desire. i realized that I wanted certain things to be true and I looked for evidence to support it. I've learned my lesson.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nancy Drew - I know what you mean. I guess I'm more cynical than many is all.

• humbled
    humbled

It seems simple to me now,which church/religion is the right one--

So all these churches have different doctines(or else there wouldn't be a different sign nailed over every door, right?).So the question for me is this:Does god care or not which church is giving out the right story.

If he cares, then he's done a bad job of clearing up the confusion.

If he doesn't care----well then, he doesn't care.

And neither do I.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Humbled - Sounds about right to me.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I wonder if any religion is real.there's a book in waterstones, called "and man created god".that sounds interesting.to be honest, punk, I dunno sometimes.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -Buddha.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

quelly - TBH, having slaved for the watchtower(T) nigh on 50 years, I doubt even reality exists let alone god or religion.

ADCMS - Was it Buddha that went into a pizza parlour and asked the waiter: 'Can you make me one with everything?' ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit