So which religion IS actually correct?

by punkofnice 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I read plenty of threads here.

What amazes me is how each 'theist/believer' is totally convinced that their way/cult is the correct one. Even Xtians are not in agreement over doctrine.

OK. So I've heard the excuse that it's the Devil's fault..............but come on.............what a cop out.

Is god so incapable of giving a consistant message of which is the true way?

I'd tend to think god doesn't exist and it's just the thoughts of deluded people with deluded ideas.............otherwise the real truth would be obvious.

God is really powerless if it/she/they/it have to rely on the game of chinese whispers.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

OK. So I've heard the excuse that it's the Devil's fault..............but come on.............what a cop out.

> This makes perfect sense. Blame a fictional character for something another fictional character did.

Is god so incapable of giving a consistant message of which is the true way?

> Yes.

God is really powerless if it/she/they/it have to rely on the game of chinese whispers.

> Don't forget the goat herders.

• carla
    carla

That pesky free will thing Punky. I do not think jw's and some ex jw's can necessarily understand the whole 'free will' concept.

"What amazes me is how each 'theist/believer' is totally convinced that their way/cult is the correct one"-- Depends on the 'believer' you know I guess. I know many Christians who suggest reading the Bible and may ask you to their church but are not dogmatic about going to 'their' church for salvation or even that their church is the 'right' one. Christians do not fuss about what they call 'non salvation' doctrines. Some issues will never be settled or agreed upon. What does tie Christians together is the birth of Christ, His life, His death upon the cross and His resurrection all the rest is often debatable, obviously.

We are individuals and what works for one person may not work for the next (re:churches, styles, spirituality, etc..) Just like your kids need different teachers and often different parenting techniques, we as individuals will take/need different and very individual spiritual paths. Different need not mean better or worse (though it often can as in the case of cults) you make your choices unless you were born in to something (jw's). Then you, as an adult must make the very painful choice of leaving a spiritually abusive cult for your own sanity but losing your loved ones. Doesn't seem fair does it? Why does God allow it? free will? (pretending for the moment you believed in a Creator)

Humans prefer free will, wouldn't God also prefer free will over obligation? I know I do, I much prefer to spend time with people who by their own free will choose to spend time with me rather than out of any sense of obligation. Just my random thoughts on the matter.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Some issues will never be settled or agreed upon.

'

This substantiates Punky's arguments.

Next.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" What amazes me is how each 'theist/believer' is totally convinced that their way/cult is the correct one. Even Xtians are not in agreement over doctrine."

Yes it is this very issue that causes me to keep my mouth shut and just read. There is no reason to discuss anything because it is just one big merry-go-round of crazy.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Carla - How are you me ol' matey peeps?

Well, it's the freewill that messes with me tbh. I know when I went to church there was an 'agree to disagree' thing went on and I felt some of it was over major doctrine like 'hell'. To me that's major. If god can't communicate major stuff then he/it/she/they are a weak god and not fit to be worshipped.

Freewill............the thing that makes prayer useless IMHO. The Bible for instance is specific about prayer and even says that Jesus will give what we ask and this glorifies the father..............but than if we ask him stuff then he has to take freewill away from others in order to give you your desire...............if not then the scripture is a lie.

ADCMS - Indeed you say what I mean only you say it better.

Confused - Yeah, I know. I just think I wanted to ask this to see if anyone has an 'AHA!' moment. My breath I hold not!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There is no reason to discuss anything because it is just one big merry-go-round of crazy.

Pretty much coming to that conclusion myself. At least the merry-go-round part of it.

Doc

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Strawberry fields forever

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC - I think for me I feel a kind of self loathing for ever believing in a god and now I am interested to see if it was just my version of a delusion or if delusion is delusion full stop. I do talk crap don't I? Shut up Paul! Oh, Okay

Nancy Drew - How are those mysteries you're solving? Yeah, 'nothing is real'.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I am interested to see if it was just my version of a delusion or if delusion is delusion full stop.

'

If there is a god he/she/it could clear it up for all humanity in a nanosecond, but....

"Silence is God's natural language......everything else is a bad translation."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit