What is the world´s biggest religious fraud?

by Bugbear 24 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Holy Books inspired by God, and people that follow others peoples special interpretation of them..

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Luke 21:8

He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

Do not go after them.

Jesus Christ commanded us on what to do when we encounter this kind of fraud!

It's really happening exactly the way Jesus Christ told us it would happen!

abe

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

abel maybe believing in Jesus is a big religiouse fraud?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

abel maybe believing in Jesus is a big religiouse fraud?

new hope and happiness,

The enormous amount of evidence that what Jesus Christ said would happen is really happening makes any thought of scepticism unreasonable.

Having said that, there will still be athiests who will try and find even the tiniest objection in amoungst the enormous amount of evidence in the hopes of sustaining their conviction. Even completely ignoring the evidence!

It's all good!

Jesus Christ said that would happen!

abe

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

able...i envy your faith and i try to keep an open mind.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

able...i envy your faith and i try to keep an open mind.

new hope and happiness,

I have actually realised that my faith is slowly disappearing.

When the things we were to have faith in happening actually happen we no longer need faith that they are to happen.

Yes, some people don't understand that and accuse me of not being Christian.

If you want to understand I recommend that you do watch the video I linked above.

It is all about "happiness".

Revelation 16:15-16

"Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake and keeps his outer garments, that he may not walk naked and people look upon his shamefulness." And they gathered them together to the place that is called in Hebrew Har–Ma·ged´on.

abe

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'd have to go with the WTS./JWS as the longest running commercialized fraud when you

consider the world wide distribution and the length of time this fraud has been going on.

Unfortunately my personal family got caught into it back in the early 1950's.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

THat pic that Witness My Fury posted above sums it up, that's the book that started it ALL !

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The gold goes to Scientology.

The basis is bad science fiction, from a mediocre writer who is on record as saying he wanted to start a religion as that was where the real money was.

It requires huge amounts of money (100,000 to 500,000 USD) to 'move up the bridge', as they say, meaning to progress spiritually; if not, when you leave they present you with a huge freeloader bill.

Those who join the security division (Sea Org) sign a billion year contract.

The highest, most secret information (until the last decade or so) includes the story that 75,000,000 years ago evil lord Zenu flew thetans (souls) to Earth on planes that were exact replicas of Boeing 707's (but with props, not jets), dumped them into volcanoes and then blew them up with atomic bombs.

They are secretive, litigious, violent and dangerous; there are at least a dozen mysterious deaths, many more missing persons.

There is some evidence to suggest that celebrities who join may feel trapped if they want to leave, or promote the religion less; they record all confessions and KEEP them, even of a sexual nature.

They make WT look like boy scouts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get a bit sad thinking I not I only joined a cult, but a third rate cult at that. Watchtower is not as big as LDS, not as whacko as Scientology, not as dangerous as hosts of others such as Heaven's Gate or 'The Family.' Some think that makes Watchtower not c a cult. I think it could be called 'Cult-Light' which can be just as bad as it is harder to wake members up to the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit