What is the world´s biggest religious fraud?

by Bugbear 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Religion is a fraud. There are lots of versions of it, but they all suck.

• Simon
    Simon

The question is really what is the biggest fraudulent fraud ... because all religion is fraud.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There are far worse frauds than the JWs or Mormons. They believe what they preach so I don't know if it is fraud at all. The prosecutor's office in any large city must have active cases of fraud using religion. I am not certain of the PC term for gypsies but they conducted many. John Edwards, Sylvia Browne, the LI Medium. the Bakkers. Those TV creeps.

The U.S. Attorney's Office brings fraud cases, too.

Read about an actual fraud case where the defendant was convicted. The Witnesses and the Mormons do not commit fraud.

A prosecutor could get fired for not prosecuting groups.

Fraud has a specific definition. There are actual legal elements that must be present. It will vary from state to state with the precise wording. You probably mean something else. I would say that the Witnesses overreach. They are not candid with newcomers but that is not fraud.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

This is such a big topic.

What about a couple of categories?

The fraud affecting the most people?

The most damaging fraud, people/family wise?

The most violent?

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Thank you Pistoff, Band on the run, Hortensia Simon and.......

Thank you all for your answers. Your thoughts have given much to my mind. I do believe that religion is a very dangerous mind trap. When you do believe in a God, and think that this God have a message especially for you, these thoughts could become so real to you that you actually think that you must follow the god’s orders (in your brain). These mind traps could be transmitted direct to you or via some very charismatic prophet. They could make you do anything, just to fulfill your gods wishes.

This “normal” function of the human brain (science says that over 95% of humans have it), have caused humanity so much suffering, that it is countless of victims, wars started, bomb carriers, mind abusing, and dictatorships that was caused from this ignition point.

Now why do we have this need for something to believe in? How can we help weak people, not to be trapped into these mind traps? How can we prevent “wolves in sheep furs”, to use these people and to deceive our brothers and sisters.

Only by enlightenment, continuing enlightenment, persistent enlightenment. Bring all facts up to light.

Thank you folks

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit