We Pray For The Governing Body...

by jw07 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• humbled
    humbled

Excuse me, aren't they the MEDIATORS for the R&F?

They need intersessory prayer from the sheep?

As spotty as Jehovah is on answering prayers for the R&F, I think the GB is in big trouble.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The egos began to bloat when the comparisons to the ancient Quorum of the Twelve Apostles began. The Governing Body wasn't always an administrative body whose edicts were the law. Many apparently continue in the homey, easy style you'd expect from a neighbor or friend.

As people like this visit congregations, it doesn't help when people begin fawning over them and treating them with almost sickening deference. Many of the elders, from what I've heard, have taken their cue from the GB. If the GB doesn't interfere with them, and sustains them behind the scene, both prosper. The GB gets the power and the elders are free to tighten the grip on whomever they see fit. As it's been reported here, they interfere with the way you raise your families, how you conduct your business, what you do after high school, the types of places you visit in the neighborhood, such as home sales -- they can even determine what you can and cannot read and what you can and cannot display in your homes.

To my mind, the greatest problem among those affiliated with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is that it doesn't consider itself a church. Why? If one reads the New Testament, it is full of references to the Church. There are local churches that, together, make up the entire Church; and the apostles and other writers make it exceedingly clear that there is a church, and that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church. If Jesus is the archangel Michael, then Michael is the head of the church (which I don't buy for a moment). We also know the church had officers in it, amongst whom were apostles, bishops, teachers, deacons, priests, evangelists, seventy and elders. If we say that modern Governing Body members=Apostles, and Overseers=Bishops, and Elders=Elders, then what of the Priests, Deacons and Seventy? And if the WBTS isn't a church; if it isn't the Church, then where is the Church? And why has God chosen an organization headed by Jehovah and not Jesus Christ?

To see the sanctity and the relationship that existed between Christ and the Church, take a careful look at Ephesians 5. Then, if you can, explain how the Jehovah's Witnesses correlate to it as an organization. Is it the church, or is it a placeholder until the Church is restored to the earth?

Christ is the head of the Church, and the Church is subject to Christ. Christ loved the Church and gave himself for it that he might sanctify and cleanse it so that he might present it to himself "a glorious Church" without spot or blemish. How is what the Governing Body is doing will result in that type of Church, wherever it is?

Clearly the WTBTS considers its members to be witnesses of Yahweh, not the Church of Jesus Christ. And that's a huge problem. Where do they get their ministerial authority? Who told them to organize and how to organize? Jesus told his apostles, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit; and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." (John 15:16) Does this fit the description of the mission given to the Governing Body? No, because the GB sees itself as the "faithful and wise servant" of Matthew 24 -- not bringing forth fruit, but rather, those " whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season." Just how the Lord made the GB the "ruler over his household" has never, to my knowledge, been explained. How do they know the Lord did this, and who is the Lord? Christ, or the Father?

The GB was more theologically viable as a consulting body than an administrative body. I think many active Jehovah's Witnesses know this; but for them it's a leap of faith...quite a leap at that!

• yadda yadda 2
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I noticed this 3 years ago as I was exiting the vile cult.

The whole thanking of some blokes in Brooklyn nauseated me because I felt it was worshipping men rather than god.

I never understood why I should pray for some arrogant pr1cks who lived a rock star lifestyle.

....and..........what was the use of me praying for these stale old perverts anyway? Surely Jehovah(TM) would do what he wanted to anyway and my whinging on behalf of the F&D$ wouldn't make any difference.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Well they certainly are mentioned more than Jesus.

I have noticed a definite uptick in the mention of the GB/FDS in prayers in the past year or two, not only that but in comments by the congregation and elders. It is only logical seeing as they have been inserted into the songbook, the study WT every month etc. The AGM has also served to bring their status to the forefront of the average JWs mind. They have been a cult for decades but are slowly moving into open praise and worshipfullness of men, a true golden calf..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We Pray For The Governing Body...

............And a Piano..

.......................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have been to only a handful of meetings in the past year now. Maybe 8 total including the CA. I would say in 75% of them I noticed in prayers or comments specific defference to the GB. But that could also be because I think differently, and have been out for a while. I might just be noticing more.

The AGM was kind of brilliant, because the GB was all very "down to earth", and they joked and all that. So people laughed and felt happy that their leaders were so unlike the pope or whatever. It makes them feel close to them.

The main reason I will say that their has been a move toard more defference, is because the conversations I have had regarding the GB with people in any kind of position, ALWAYS comes back to "obedience to those whom Jehovah has appointed". I mean EVERY conversation with an elder, former CO, or whomever has served at those levels and beyond.....it comes down to that.

For the sheep and people not appointed, they seem to have a different story and line of justification, but they also are being affected by this slowly.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I noticed this a couple years ago when fading. People would comment at the meetings how they were thankful to the Slave for this or that.

But I agree that the Governing Body truly does need our prayers--prayers that they wake up from this cult and come clean.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Guess they figured out they were wrong all these years and were being discreet for nothing

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

funny you should mention this...... I was visiting my aunt in a Seattle last summer and I asked if I could use her computer, she said yes. I walk in and on the mirror of her dresser she has a picture of the "8 popes" I asked her about it and she said its good to pray for them. I asked her aunt Melissa what's the difference between that and people who have a cross or a saint in her home. she laughed and said: oh el_guapo you know the difference!!!!

It's scary how much they worship these 8 men

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit