We Pray For The Governing Body...

by jw07 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

At the meetings I've noticed over the past 2 years or so brothers asking for 'special blessings' for the Governing Body. It was everyonce in a while at first. Now it is almost at every single meeting! Especially since they starred in the whole AGM charade. They have become so revered, almost worshipped now.

Have you noticed an upward trend in GB worship since the AGM?

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Yeah I do see it.

One elder literally said he would follow them off a cliff.

This brother checks the website for new letters from the branch every few hours throughout the day. Everyday.

That kind of devotion is sick and dangerous, but is NEVER looked down upon in the org. It is seen as evidence of faith.

• prologos
    prologos

AS seen in documentaries, It reminds you of the pleas of doomed german troops: " Fuehrer help us". The 'Ver-Fuehrer'* was impotent himself.

*mis-leader, seducer

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

And this was firstly and originally orchestrated by the GB themselves.

Not surprising since most of the doctrines put out by the GB have now failed fracturing the viability of god

actually choosing these men of the WTS.

• kaik
    kaik

Sorry to ask, but for me who is out of JW for 20 years and English is a second language what is AGM?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Annual general meeting.

• jw07
    jw07

@kaik - Annual General Meeting held at headquarters last year. All members of the Governing Body presented parts in big ticket press conference style. It was STREAMED to many parts of the world. They even had a gimmick where someone reminiscent of Steve Jobs presented their new app.

• jw07
    jw07

@TTATTelder, I notice that behaviour, even among those close to me. Checking the website for new info feverishly like teens in love checking for text messages.

It is getting scary. JWs are literally worshiping them now

Systematically inflating their importance through their 'publications' then revealing themselves to the unthinking JW masses has made them into idols -

i·dol (īd′l)

n. 1. a. An image used as an object of worship. b. A false god. 2. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively. 3. Something visible but without substance. On the other hand this may very well be Watchtower's anchille's heel. - The GB are aging and prone to illness and death, which may help put things into perspective for JWs with remains of an analytical mind still in tact. - A scandal or two involving individual members will dampen credibility - When predictions / projections / prophecies fail, or when things generally go wrong there are faces to put failures to.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Praying for the men who run the WTS. publishing house who are the executive directors,

this sounds like real trouble down the line.

Will the bullshitting stop now ?

The GB are now asking for complete unremitting loyalty.

• prologos
    prologos

praying for them, not to them

praying for them because jws realize the gb needs all the help they can get, and the hearer of prayers (0 to very selective) has not responded to favour wt predictions.

Like the dictators of the past, the gb/fads has no magical powers in them, or behind, or above them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit