Reminder: Hate speech on this forum is NOT tolerated

by Simon 45 Replies latest forum announcements

• jgnat
    jgnat

My church is quite nice, saul. No corruption a'tall.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Saul I hope god/jesus tucks you in nice and cosy and wipes your frustrated little brow and tells you how good you are for chastising all those nasty people. Aaaaaahhhh there there nite nite.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

e. YOU PEOPLE JUST DISCRIBED EVERY RELIGION KNOWN TO MAN. What makes all religion any better. What MAKES as you said YOUR TRUTH anymore tangible

No, not all religions wrongly predict the end of the world multiple times. Not all religions practice shunning, or form "committees" to investigate suspected cases of apostasy, in other words not believing every word spoken by eight men who appointed themselves as the only ones who speak for God. Not every religion breaks up families. Not every religion lies about their past. This religion does. It's a cult, that's what makes other religions better.

Any way, why do we need any religion at all? And WHY DO YOU NEED TO SHOUT? Turn off the caps key please. Civil discussions don't involve shouting :)

Lisa Rose

• trujw
    trujw

Saul it is hard to just move on when you realize your family is in an abusive religion. not all governments are created equal. Does my country have problems yes but would you say they are all the same? I would not want to live in North Korea where if my father spoke against the state I would then be thrown in A labor camp to die. Should I just stand bye and allow people I love be abused bye what I believe is a cult. I have a daughter my mother has never seen why? I don't smoke, married to a beautiful wife and try to live a moral life. It is the watchtower that won't leave me alone. My mother is told I partake of the table of demons, mentally diseased, willfully Lie in order to turn her from god. This forum would not exist if honest and open discussion of my beliefes could take place With a Jehovahs witness. What kind of person would I be to just turn my back when we have honest and truthful information about a religion of my birth that exposes that they are not telling their followers the truth. I personally had a friends father die by not taking blood. Should. I not do all I can to prevent this from others? Saul I am glad you can just move on but I can't I won't.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I am very new here and can say honestly, that if I had found too many "angry" attacks upon the the principle people of this religion, then I would have been frightened away. Call it years of indoctrination if you like, but nonetheless it is true. It took ages for me to find the courage to make contact with this forum. I needed some place to find out what the general thinking was. I did not want rage or disordered thinking. I needed some humor and some ironic comment to read as regards this religion. It feels safer if there is no "rage" or "hate" as far as I am concerned. That is why many will join..........if they do not feel threatened by out bursts of anger on this forum. That is why I felt it safe to join this forum..........No Hate allowed. If I find that I am wrong, then I will leave, as I do not to promote that sort of mind numbing attitude.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

umbertoecho, your feelings are definitely appreciated. However you should keep in mind many of us are angry that we were lied to, abused emotionally and sometimes physically by people we trusted. Also a lot of us have been cut-off from family members because of the abusive teachings of this religion which we have come to realize is NOT what we were led to believe.

It would be different if JW/WT/GB ever admitted they were wrong and didn't enforce disfellowshipping for disagreeing with their ridiculous teachings.

• steve2
    steve2

Anger is a normal human emotion in response to having been treated badly in some regard. Of course, it matters how that anger is expressed. But to lump the emotion of anger insuch a judgemental basket as saul has cone is unhelpful. On this forum there is a large number of people expressing a variety of views and emotions. That is why when a poster castigates all posters and as if they have a common way of expressing themselves, it comes across as unjustified and simplistic. I agree that some posters seem to have difficulty reigning in their strong emotions and there is a need for controlling the way in which we speak. But that is hardly unique to this forum.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you want to see anger and hate expressed in a virulent way, just visit a pro-JW site when someone posts a bit of commmon sense (opposing views) on there, boy do the fireworks go off !!

"by their fruits..."

• KateWild
    KateWild

I have found that a few posters who are still recovering from being in a damaging cult are hurting. Their pain at times manifests itself in anger and bitterness.

If we are angry and bitter it gives credence to what the GB say about apostates, it fuels their argument that former members are destructive themselves.

We all need to heal, we need to grieve and we need to accept anger and bitterness do not help us heal they make things worse.

Kate xx

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was an active JW I never came across a "bitter Apostate" though I knew many people that had left. I used to wonder "What are they bitter about?"

I couldn't quite understand why they should feel bitterness toward a religion they had left because they decided it was false. Those converts to JWism that came from other religions were not bitter about their former faith.

I didn't take this train of thought far enough, I am ashamed to say.

We have a right to feel anger and sadness at stolen childhoods, a stolen life, and having our families wrenched from us.

But we do need to be so very careful how we put these feelings in to words on here, we do not want to put off those whom we looked upon as Brothers and Sisters from finding out TTATT , and this is one of the best places to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit