Reminder: Hate speech on this forum is NOT tolerated

by Simon 45 Replies latest forum announcements

• Phizzy
  • stillin
    stillin

I am intrigued, but I guess I need a little background. This Morris fellow is one of the GB, right? So, what has he done or said that makes him stand out? Is he a loose cannon when he speaks at assemblies? Has somebody who posts here had personal experience with him? Is there a thread that will bring me up to speed that isn't shot full of exaggerations?

Sorry, I am curious but just don't have time to read everything here.

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

I have been at this site for a short while. Since then I see only JW bashing from people that for whatever reason decided to voluntarily leave or was rebuked which gave them the condemnation to leave the organization. Many of you seriously condemn the GB and the WTBTS as manipulating, deceiving and misleading. Thus far, I have been called Satan’s Lion, insulted, called a psychopath, berated by 1 of your member with the handle Heathen WITH PROFANITY, all because I don’t agree with your point of views. Hasn’t it dawned on any of you, you have become exactly the same way you choose stop being a JW? I am an Ex-Witness while being flexible did show Heathen I would also not be disrespected by stooping to his level. I would figure that by attempting to have other people agree with your views and doctrine has just placed you in the same position you choose to leave an organization that’s sole purpose is to shine the light on Christ teaching while conforming to biblical principles. Then what would it matter or accomplish to talk or write negative comments about and organization or religion, to serve your own personal goals of repatriating people to your belief system. All religions are fallible because they are run by humans. Early biblical account show God had a personal relationship with men that held his commandments. When that was dissolved, Jesus stepped in to show humanity there was still an opportunity for humanity to fall into favor with God. But since God no longer had a personal relationship with man, He structured a written word for us to follow. That’s the bases of Christianity. What we cannot SEE or is UNSEEN it must be then taken in Faith. If the doctrines of the JW’s are not to your standards, then simply move to a religion that might be more acceptable to you. The majority of ADVENT ministries hold similar doctrines with basically the same structure. Catholics get their instructions passed down from the POPE, and they have a very strict structure for the high achy. They really don’t care about the member’s having knowledge of the bible. All religions have a structure, and if your disobedient to their belief system? They will shun you or kick you out. This is not unique to JW’s. Every religion has its own understanding of what the bible is attempting to say. Pick one, be happy, move on, and at the end, GOD WILL JUDGE US ALL ACCORDINGLY.

We would naturally expect Christianity in the last days to be patterned after the same structure of Christianity in the first century, after all, we are assured by Ephesians 4:11-17 that there would be gifts in men that would be "perfecting (correcting and readjusting) the holy ones clear up until the time that Christians have full understanding. I don't think anyone would say we have achieved that yet, so it is to be expected that those gifts in men, once the separation of the wheat and weeds began to commence, would once again assume the same responsibility as exercised by the Apostles of the first century.

• jemba
    jemba

Sorry if I offended anyone. I mentioned that I wouldnt be upset if the GB were assassinated. It was being truthful though, after the pain and death they have caused with their stupidity I guessed it was ok to say this. Sorry again

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Perhaps we should post that what this thing says is homophobic--which it blatantly is. This goes for the entire religion--without singling out one individual, the whole religion is homophobic. It is also hateful toward women, encouraging slavery, and binds people to not having any future except serving the organization. It is not just Morris that is like this--it is the whole organization, and most of the smut they publish blatantly exposes that.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

s. Then what would it matter or accomplish to talk or write negative comments about and organization or religion, to serve your own personal goals of repatriating people to your belief system. All religions are fallible because they are run by humans.

What does it accomplish to talk or write negative comments? Nothing, but then again, everything. Will it bring down the Watchtower? No, but it makes us feel better to speak our truth it helps those who are seeking answers about this religion, it exposes the lies, the hypocrisy, the abuse of power. You have a point about some of the things said here, but then you act as if the Jehovah's Witnesses are just another religion that people are free to accept or not, when that is not the case. Many here have lost friends and family and suffered great harm by being one of "Jehovah's happy people". We have in many cases given our heart and soul to live by Watchtower rules, thinking it was "the truth", only to find out we were lied to from the beginning. Yes, some of us are still recovering from this experience, and at times say things that are not appropriate, but that is just the result of the abuse that has been done to us. If it was just as simple as walking away, we would have done so, but you know it is not that simple.

The fact that Simon is reminding us that some have gone too far is good, but still, we will not stop saying negative things because we speak truth to power and that is always appropriate. The Watchtower is a master at hate speech, condemning all other religions and everyone who doesn't follow them. We "mentally diseased apostates" will not stop speaking about it until they stop lying, hurting and abusing people

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Reminder: Hate speech on this forum is NOT tolerated

So does that mean Anthony Morris's hate filled speech shouldn't be posted on the forum ? ?

Irregardless Simon I get your point.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi sauloftarsus, sorry that you have been the object of insulting comments on this forum. Keepin in mind that JWN is not a collective in that not everyone reads every posts and "feels" the same way. It does not excuse the way you have been treated. BTW, if you think there are grounds for complaining that the posting rules have been broken, contact moderators ASAP.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I've been guilty and have said some nasty things about Mr. Morris. During my 45 years of association with watchtower,i've heard a lot of balogna, but this guy takes the prize. And I don't know what it is about it, but he makes my blood boil to the point of eruption.

Thanks for the reminder Simon

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

What does it accomplish to talk or write negative comments? Nothing, but then again, everything. Will it bring down the Watchtower? No, but it makes us feel better to speak our truth it helps those who are seeking answers about this religion, it exposes the lies, the hypocrisy, the abuse of power

Point made. YOU PEOPLE JUST DISCRIBED EVERY RELIGION KNOWN TO MAN. What makes all religion any better. What MAKES as you said YOUR TRUTH anymore tangible. If thats your understanding, then the LIES, HYPOCRISY, AND ABUSE OF POWER comes from your end along side Catholics, Advents, Islam, Moromons, Evangelist, Judism ETC. So once again, what makes you any better. To speak the truth is not to force your point of views on others. without misrepresenting bible principles. Your all theologians I assume. Theology basicly started in the 1800's. Those that truly studied the bible are the remnants of what is taught today. PICK AND CHOSE ONE, OR MAKE YOUR OWN BECAUSE GOD GAVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING THAN ALL OF US, AND THEN MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit