A not so loving phone call....

by new hope and happiness 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I recently got a letter in my pillar box asking me to attend a meeting at the K.H. I ignored the " kind" request.

This was folloed up by a " loving" phone call with the question " do i believe in the organisation" my reply

" why do you ask?" anyway what pissed me off was during the " loving" phone call i realized there was another " brother" listning in. The 2 witness rule i guess...anyway i found the exsperience very " unloving".....and i told them so.

Any similar exsperiences?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

That's pretty spooky I have to say!. How did you respond to the questions? How did the conversation end?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Hi Dis...i was actually very uninterested in the phone call and dont remember much about it...mainly i spoke about football and movies and art and they tried to speak about the bible " organisation".

It ended with me saying " thanks for the call but i feal its pretty low what you did...and you both know what i mean"

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Good for you. Did he actually say that another person was listening in to the call? Or did you hear them?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

How Rude...there is really no graceful way to leave this CULT!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Hi Die.. no i think the other caller spoke because he got frustrated by the way the conversation was going as i was not giving them any ammunition to callme apostate.

Designer Stubble... your wrong there is a graceful way to leave the cult..by being yourself and thats why i like your name " Designer Stubböe" ...they cant handle that...i remember a governing body talking about, the horrors of " designer stubble" at a convention...very sad

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The b*stards.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

quiellycatface...well said,and i now realize the words " follow me" mean giving blind devotion to another. I prefer William Shakespears words " To thine own self be true"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have had a couple of calls like that. The snidey bastards make it sound as though only one of them is calling, but the "2nd witness" is listening in on a speaker .

If you aere not aware of this tactic you could easily say something amiss if you felt you could trust a single Elder.

Thing is you can't , if they have not got a listener-in they will record you.

• Ding
    Ding

Luke 11:53-45: "When Jesus left there, the Pharisees and the teachers of the law began to oppose him fiercely and to besiege him with questions, waiting to catch him in something he might say."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit