What allows parents to shun their children ?

by man in black 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Voltaire said :

(condensed translation:) "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".

If one really believes in the imminent end of the system and the New World beyond, what would you do to get your family there? They are told that is is the best way, "Jehovah's way" of doing it....so they steel themselves to do it

What did Morris say in Italy (other thread) something like, if your kids are old enough to think and are not serving....you might as well sit down and say goodbye!

Sad, very sad .

• ThunderStruck52
    ThunderStruck52

Does anyone ever notice how some of these "by the book" JW parents will downplay or never admit that they shun their own children to their worldly relatives or colleagues or whatever? I think they do recognize on some level how unnatural/unhealthy the practice is, but not enought to stop themselves from doing it.

This happened when my mother and sister refused to attend my wedding (Im not DF'd by the way, I was marrying "out of the truth"). Other relatives where like WTF? and they were ashamed about it a little bit and didnt even attempt to explain it. Weird.

• steve2
    steve2

On the other side of this over-spent coin:

There are lots and lots of murmurings that JW parents are not as scrupulous in shunning their flesh and blood as the organization reports they should be.

The grip is still tight to be sure - but not as tight as the GB would want it to be.

Hence, the very frequent "counsel" urging parents to shun, shun and shun some more. When an organization constantly bleats on and on about what you really, really, really need to do, be assured it's because you ain't doing it.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit