What allows parents to shun their children ?

by man in black 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

What allows parents to shun their children ?

That's an easy one. The governing body that's who.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Congratulations on your son's success, man in black. My daughter has just moved away to university so I know what you mean, letting go is hard isn't it? I don't know why parents cut off their own children and I can't imagine anything my daughter could do to make me do that. Certainly not her beliefs, how ridiculous that would be.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Congratulations to you both. It's natural to feel how you do, proud and sad all the same time.

I cannot imagine not talking to my son. EVER. The brainwashing must be very effective, don't you think?

Best wishes XX

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They have no natural affection. Damaged people are easily lured to a cult like the Watchtower. Some grow and leave. Others stay and continue the cycle.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Probably social and religious pressure. I've heard of people in Africa shunning their children who contract hiv. It's considered a shame to the family or they're afraid of catching it themselves. Also consider cultures in which honour killings are performed. A father will kill his own daughter if she's raped because it's considered a shame to the family. That any parent can do that shows that they are not loving and too caught up in the pressures of their social and religious beliefs and values.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

They have no natural affection.

And if they had any residual love left over the borg systematically takes it away.

You aren't allowed to do any of the normal things to show your children you love them. Such as Xmas and the birthday restriction is beyond ridiculous.

Yea I'm sure Jehovah put those examples in the bible to warn you against celebrate the miracle of birth.

I'm pretty sure those scriptures are better explained with a Dave Barry quote:

"There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to
    make a big deal about your birthday. That time is: age 11."

And you spend your whole time in the borg being suspicious of everyone.
    I was always afraid to get close to anyone, I knew that any day I might be told never to speak to them again.

• carla
    carla

Congratulations to your son and to you! Sounds like you raised a fine young man.

If jw's believe in the Bible, do they have Matthew 5:14-16 in their Bible?

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

My question is, how do jw's reconcile the above and their extreme shunning policy? When they cloister themselves away and people cannot see their 'light'? I asked a jw this once but got no response, I mean none! they looked at me as if I made the scripture up myself!

jw's tend to stay away from worldly people, shun their non believing relatives so just how do they give a good example of everyday living? do not tell me that going door to door is the way because so do the Fuller Brush men/women, vacuum sales, magazine sales, girlscout cookies, etc.... they do not show how they live day to day.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What is it that mentally allows witness to completly leave their children ?

If it looks like a cult, smells like a cult, tastes like a cult.................it might be A CULT!

Doc

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

What is it that mentally allows witness to completly leave their children ?

What Jesus Christ said would happen is REALLY HAPPENING!

Luke 12:50-53

Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51  Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52  For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

Its all about his baptism!

So ............. why is Jesus Christ distressed?

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Yes, It is very difficult for anybody to accept that these family divisions are being manipulated by Jesus Christ.

If however, you are also distressed by what has happened to his baptism, then whose side are you on?

Are you willing to take a stand for Jesus Christ?

If the answer is yes, then expect to be reproached, persecuted and have people (even your own family) lyingly say wicked things about you:

Matthew 5:11-12

"Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to YOU.

I'm happy ............................... are you?

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit