Elder and CO just dropped by....

by El_Guapo 47 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

awesome comments, guys! Love hearing your stories. The sad reality is that things are rapidly changing in the Borg. It's becoming more and more love-less. We only had one elder who was in his lates 60's that I can truly say cared for the "friends" I would go on sheperding calls with him and he would ask regular questions to get to know the friends more then would tell them how much Jah appreciated them and would ask if they have his cell #. in case they needed anything. One of the sisters said that when her baby was a new born (about 20 yrs ago) we had a a really bad storm and bring a single mom it was tough, she called this bro at 3 am and told him and his wife that she needed diapers and ear infection medication for the baby ASAP.

His wife knew the general manager of the pharmacy , they went over to his house and asked if they could make some emergency purchases at the store. All 3 drove down bro and sister Garcia bought the necessary items. The sister said that both he and his wife stayed made breakfast later that morning and made sure she and her baby were OK. They never went around gloating, it was the first time I heard this story. The bro. died about 2 years ago of leukemia and his wife passed of a heartattack about 2 months later. REALLY sad. Now EVERYONE is a "company man" no heartfelt emotion just zombie attitudes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

the apathy of JWs, and elders in particular, may be the most effective way to get a person to forget they are JWs and simply move on in life....

(John 13:35) . . .By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have [a pretense of] love among yourselves.. .

That's usually what it takes to wake someone up.

Doc

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Great job El G

I haven't been to a meeting in almost 4 years and like you I was a MS who was reaching out to be an elder. I am very sociable and went on vacation with a JW elder and his wife. I often invited people into my home and had a book study group that I conducted in our house. I mentored "fatherless" boys by studying and socializing with them. I decided to stop going to the meetings after the last sessions of our DC in 2010. My wife continues to go and all I got was "say hello to your husband" messages from the brothers. After 2 years I received one phone call from a brother I worked with on the RBC and on a Saturday afternoon 2 elders showed up at my door unanounced, in their suits and bible in hand. I told them I knew how to contact them if I needed to talk. Since then, nothing. Like many said, hospitality from the elders is one way - when you invite them. When my wife brings greetings from the hall or when she says that some "miss" me, I am tempted to reply that they all know where we live...why aren't they coming to visit? But in reality I want nothing to do with the conditional friends and I just want them to forget me...that shouldn't be hard for them.

• kaik
    kaik

During my time in KH, we were told to visit innactive individuals, but we did not had clue where they lived. It was rather small town, so it was not that hard to locate anyone in the congregation. Eventually we were told to visit elderly sister, who was not attending meeting for year or so. When JW went to visit her, they learned that not only that she died alone, forgotten, and abandoned; but also that she was buried on city expenses as she did not had any known relative. When someone pointed out to the congregation one overly active zealot sister said that we JW are busy preaching and that they do not have a time to check on everyone. I also remember the debate betwen JW who tried to speculate if she died in faith or DA by her innaction, which would render her not worth of resurrection.

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

I have heard that when the CO enquired during the scheduled elder's meeting what had happened to me when I became inactive, they initially had no idea and then said that they thought I had moved - which I hadn't. CO then proceeded to castigate the elders and started to cry. CO turned up at my house with a trainee CO the next day with a gushing letter saying how much he and the congregation missed me. Surprisingly, I am still inactive.

Pants

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Dont'CallMeShirley, how do they live with themselves, I was 13 years old when this blow took place, back in 1970 something. The Overseer was crying and nothing changed in our Kingdom Hall.

Where does the Watchtower locate real life stories of "Re-activating Publisers" who fell of the local Kingdom Hall Radar? How many weak JWs did you see get re-activated from the "loving and tremendous effort put forward by Elders Slavin it"? I bet we would have more success finding a Red Leprachaun than locating real life loving stories of JWs!

The Circuit Overseer does have a slip that asks if he checked up on weak familes. Usually we would use that time to go after former high performing Elders who were stumbled after the BOE stabbed them in the back. He would want the Elders to apologize for their sins and the CO would use that crappy old line "If you feel flat faced in the parkinglot, would you wait for the curb to apologize"?

The one elder who really cared quit back in 1984, he currently rent's out his house to a brother on one of the videos somebody recorded of him. The Brother who was so loving, I think he died of a broken heart figuratively speaking!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Absolutely brilliant man. I loved reading that, thanks for posting it.

Those elders sure proved that JW's don't have "love amongst themselves" as a hallmark of true Christians, haha.

• Praise YaHuWaH
    Praise YaHuWaH

It sounds to me like the CO did not like this Elder. If he did this would not have happened. The CO would have made an excuse for the Elder. Something else is afoot here wouldnt you all agree? The thought that there should be REAL LOVE amongst these ones is truly laughable... truly. yep this CO did was rubbed wrong by this elder and I can see hear the Elder CO meeting now....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit