Elder and CO just dropped by....

by El_Guapo 47 Replies latest jw friends

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Joliette, we got slammed by the Circuit and District Overseer because there were two old-time Colports misplaced by the Congregation. "How in the Hell can you lose two Witnesses who were tarred and feathered, two Witnesses who knew Bible-Brown?" He said "You make us look bad!" the Circuit Overseer started crying on stage when he found out the husband Colport due to dementia got baptized by a Catholic Priest because the JWs never showed up and looked for lost sheep. The Catholic Priests would visit the Earthly Checkout Centers, found this lone man who lost his wife and forgot he was a JW because no JWs came by. The Catholic Priest baptized him, imagine the shock when the JWs found their gross neglience costed them Two Old Colports. (Ezk 34:1-35).

1975 living in WEHO, I still remember when Witnesses of Jehovah did not talk with newbies and everyone had a scowl, Witnesses are not the most kind people, it's all for human eyes when they do something good.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

That is funny because the exact thing happened to us. We faded 18 months ago and they stopped by last year when the CO was visiting the cong and then came by last Saturday again. Neither time we answered but your answer was perfect. Because of what you said you may get some invitations but I double it because our local needs were always hospitality and it never changed. The elders never had people into their homes.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

El Guapo - your story could be a ditto of mine.

I am now officially "inactive" but I still engage folk all the time - informally - speaking about and using the Bible - even following up with them. So they know I am "active" but not according to the Manual and this gets them really P---d off.

"Why dont you report the time?" the Secretary asks - "Because I dont keep track of the time - its not about the time - its about the event - the pleasure of the interchange - of hearing the other person express themselves openly" ................etc

In our household right now we are dealing with Cancer, Diabetes, Frail and bed-ridden Gran-ma and Depression and the last "shepherding call" was when the CO visited 5 months ago. The ones he schedules "cos as someone mentioned he fills in a report to the Sosatie.

I have only seen the inside of 3 of the 14 elders houses in 4 years. The only visit ie only time an elder has entered my home was with the CO. In the information age we live in - not even an SMS or E-mail - no phone calls and what we were always encouraged to do as Elders - you personally go and engage the inactive one with a visit and an invite to the meeting or out into the field.

I served as E for 15 years and enjoyed being a B+ Graded [you dont know that you get graded for DC's Talks???] DC speaker - Dramas and Manuscript talks. But I would not be able to give these new scripted 10 minute [including parroted interviews] jobs that we get fed.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Of the 140 people in my last congregation.. I had only even been to 3 of their homes. And that included only one of the 7 elders, I had no clue where the others even lived.

It's a almost a year since any of them last saw me.. do you think I will be getting a visit any time soon?

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Good work - I like your style.

Since this may be an occasion for reminiscing - your experience reminds me of the time my neighbour, an uber jw elder, brought the new co around to my house - a)either show him off to me, or b) to show the co how he was caring for the flock (although by this time I was well and truly a 'lost cause').

It was on the weekend and I was working on building a driveway to the house. The elder trots up with this other guy and says he would like to introduce the new co. I looked up from what I was doing and commented "And what? Should I be impressed?" and then continued on with my task at hand. Needless to say it was not a fruitful call.

Cheeses - always keen to meet the new hierachy.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Well done mate.my ex-co was a nasty, pompous git.he tried to lord it over my husband but realized he was punching above his weight.he then dissed my husband for only studying with the jw's as "an academic exercise".didn't like being shown up in front of an elder, no doubt.my husband only studied to support me. Thank God we're both away from it now.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

great stuff, you dropped the idiot in the crap !

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Great response!

I met a sister in a bank a few months ago and she told me, "I know I haven't called on you guys but I have thought about you" and I said to her, well, how are we supposed to know you are only thinking about us.

Truthseeker

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FERNANDO: It is always a delight to read about a Pharisee being called out so elegantly. Well done.

(John 13:35) . . .By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have [a pretense of] love among yourselves.. . . ( rrNWT )

Love that one!

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The Catholic Priests would visit the Earthly Checkout Centers, found this lone man who lost his wife and forgot he was a JW because no JWs came by.

the dementia is not funny, but the fact that the priest was doing what JWs should have been doing, and the JWs lost a 'brother' because of it, is hilarious.

the apathy of JWs, and elders in particular, may be the most effective way to get a person to forget they are JWs and simply move on in life....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit