Governing Body Running Scarred and 12-13-14 "Might Be the End"?

by RottenRiley 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, who is the king of the north? don't we need that first? And who is the disgusting thing standing in the place where it ought not?

I grew up expecting these these to be fulfilled before the end. Do these things matter anymore?

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

12-13-14 doesn't make sense when you're from Europe where we write '13-12-14' for December 13th.

What does bother me is the absolute obedience the GB is claiming. It makes me worry about what things they might do and Jonestown keeps coming up in my mind (and apparantly more people, even JW's, seem to think in this direction according to this facebookpost <= click).

Never before did I have a feeling of physical danger in regard of the WTS, but this claim of obedience is really creepy and I'm concerned for my family that they will follow blindly...
    As much as I don't like my family, I don't want them to get hurt because of 8 idiots suffering of megalomania!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BDS

What does bother me is the absolute obedience the GB is claiming. It makes me worry about what things they might do and Jonestown keeps coming up in my mind

I totally agree. This keeps crossing my mind of late. No matter what you get from the WT article from the OP, I still see the utter unreasonable control in it.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

OctoPope.....I love that....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

That is extremely disturbing. EXTREMELY disturbing. We need to continue with this line of questioning on JW forums. There was no attacking JWs, just a question, followed by a JW answer. I am wondering how many dubs would answer "yes" to this question? I imagine that there are many who would skirt the issue by saying, " The GB would NEVER ask us to do that. That is foolish questioning. I must ignore your propaganda now."

DD

• abiather
    abiather

GB knew that people would look at 2014 with so much of groaning and pain, hence diversion is the key!

Thus, they effectively diverted their flock’s attention (from frustration of not seeing end after waiting for so long from 1914) into a burning thought of IMMINENT end—A phrase they have been using from their very inception.

For this, they have the support of 1 Corinthians 10:11 which implied end would come in the FIRST CENTURY itself: “These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.”

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Watch Tower Society is a Doomsday cult that claim to

" (1) Bible : Hold to the Bible as the standard for all thier beliefs "_____Reasoning Book page 199

They also claim

" That the Bible is the right standard against which to measure one's religion. "____Reasoning book page 204

LOL. Get out your yard stick

Cuz these fools sure don't measure up

" It is true that the Witnesses have made mistakes in thier understanding of what would occur at the end of certain time periods" ___Reasoning book page 136

Why is that ? Becuase the Bible states they wouldn't know

Jehovah's Witnesses also claim

" Thrilling events in connection with God's Kingdom are associated with that promise (of Christ return )" ____Reasoning book page340

But the Bible states that Jesus said

" The Kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness, "_____ Luke 17:20

Jehovah's also Witnesses say

" That God's Kingdom was established in 1914 "______Reasoning book page 95

But the Bible states that Jesus says

" niether will people be saying, See here ! or, There ! For look ! the Kingdom is in your mist " _____Luke 17 : 21

There's not much that can be done for those stuck in

But for those who are approached by a Jehovah's Witness

Run !!!!

It's a cult , that clearly goes against

" WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY TEACH "

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

response 3: "yes i will since the instruction is from Jehovah".

Interesting when compared to response #1: "eventhough the Watchtower has many errors...."

Apparently, Watchtower's god is not so reliable...but JWs have full faith in Him/Wt all the same. Duh.

Also, it is laughable that responder number 1 equates wakefulness with being physically alert, so caffeine pills will be needed to get JWs through "the end". Really? Do JWs know how retarded they sound?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

I think they want to take part of the four blood moons that are happening in this period of time (with one on 4 april 2015)... I have read some crap about that. Anyways... it MIGHT be that they believe this shit because why do they want to "rush" the building work of their temple in

A quote from a website

It cannot be regarded as coincidence that all four blood moons of 2014/15 occur on religious festivals of Israel, together with two eclipses of the sun also on important days in 2015. A blood moon will occur on the 14 th day of Nisan in 2014, when the Passover will be celebrated in Israel (cf. Lev. 23:5). Nisan is the first month in Israel's religious calendar. On the 15 th day of the seventh month (Tishri) when the feast of Tabernacles begins (cf. Lev. 23:34), there will be another blood moon. Exactly the same pattern will be repeated in 2015. Because of Israel's lunar calendar these dates all coincide with the full moon - on these occasions the moon will become blood-red. Apart from the lunar eclipses there will also be two eclipses of the sun in 2015 - on the first day of Nisan and again on the first day of Tishri. The Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year) is celebrated on 1 st Tishri, which is the beginning of their civil calendar.

The discoveries of Mark Biltz are even more significant when it is taken into account that the year from 25 Sept. 2014 to 13 Sept. 2015 will be a sabbatical year which will conclude the year-week which starts with Rosh Hashanah on 30 Sept. 2008. Four blood moons in successive years will never occur again during the entire remainder of the 21 st century. (taken from some topics before :P)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ADCMS said, " Do JWs know how retarded they sound?"

Let's "adjust" that! Do JWs know how Watchtarded they sound?"

Seriously, those statements are frightening. Lurkers, do you see how believing that you can trust JWs with your doubts is foolish? Do you think that you can approach Brother Meek Elder with your concerns? Perhaps Brother Slightlyrebellious feels like you do? Maybe Brother Childhoodfriend McElder will keep your doubts confidential? What do you think the odds are of just bumping into someone from this forum in your KH? If someone is not here, or at some other awakened site, then you simply cannot trust them. That's my 2 cents worth of free advice, based on experience.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit