Governing Body Running Scarred and 12-13-14 "Might Be the End"?

by RottenRiley 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

12-13-14 only makes sense in American date conventions too: in Australia that date would read 13/12/14. Not a lot of sense since for most of the world that date will not read 12-13-14.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I have remained silent because I wanted to "Keep the Peace" with JW Family but their actions have once again released me (The Krakken) to speak on JWN. I am tired of people who claim to have insights in to God's mind but have hearts made of stone. Some Jehovah's Witnesses would really jump off a cliff if the Governing Body were present and told them via "piped in video" that "this is Jehovah's Plan" and just like the Syrian Leper who jumped in the Jordan River seven times, you only need to jump off this cliff once to enjoy Jehovah's Blessing Eternally!

If the CIA used Waterboarding on the Governing Body, would they confess they were lying and this was nothing more than a way to take scarce resources from people who can least afford to pay for their trash with their time and money?

Look at the Kingdom Ministry's double-talk, "might be the last Lord's Evening meal", "might be the last District or Circuit Assembly, for years I have heard them say "Might be the last Meeting", that's bullshit! I thought we were going to get scrolls and have meetings when Jesus Returns, what poor liars they are!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

They've had over a century as an organisation to hone their mind control techniques.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Julia, they are losing their grips because the Sunday Article was full off nonsense, they pulled that material out of their buttocks. I see there are people who are noticing the Spiritual Food is not considered deep but bullshit. More questions were left after Meetings and many heads were shaking, they are losing their grip because they are so afraid of losing their power. A political system that opperates with their style usually self-destructs, North Korea is a government the Watchtower Leadership probably admire, anyone who does not agree the Sun shines out of OctoPope's arse, are sent to a Work Camp, just like the Dukes would have!

So how long will they last before we have a bigger exodus from the Borg, the frequency of their admonitions to "obey and listen even if we think the words we are suppose to obey seem insane" are happening monthly. This from the Elders, COs, DOs and through the Magazines, the fear is striking the hearts of the false teachers!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jw`s are very superstitious and have a history of putting stock in numbers , think back to C.T.Russell and his pyramid numbers . Also

Numbers that supposedly meant earthly completeness , heavenly completeness , spiritul completeness , etc.etc.

The fixation of dates and chronology leading to 1914 , 1925 , 1975 , the suggestion the end would come before the 20th century was over , and now because this year marks 100 years of Christs invisible reign . ( Of course they fail to mention his failure to accomplish much of any significance during these past 100 years .)

They are superstitious and rely on numerology .

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The question about the next memorial being the last is evidence that the WBT$ is trying to retain bums on seats.

The trouble is, they've been trotting this nonsense out for years now and nothing has happened......NOTHING!!

With the rise of the internet the claws of the GB are weakening because people can research online. Potential new 'bible study(TM)' candidtates will research using google or whatever and say to themselves: 'It's a weird cult!'

I don't know if the GB are scarred or scared or both

We have seen the WBT$ dumbing down their crap and getting more controlling.

I have no doubt the WBT$ will not fall overnight but will limp on somehow into the future but will go one of 2 ways......'Jones Town' or mainstream. One thing's for sure...it's just a greedy big business...not a religion.

• prologos
    prologos

there was a wt-written item in the 50-60 that dealt with scared false prophets being found out because they pretendet to be workers but were identified by their non=worker=like hands. can not find the reference.

It would be scary thing to fall into the hands of the living God or irate awakened and empowered slaves.

• abiather
    abiather

They are not worried not only about dates, but also about the truthfulness of certain verses such as this:

“I say to you that many will come from THE EAST and THE WEST, and will take their places at the feast WITH ABRAHAM, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of HEAVEN. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Mathew 8:11, 12)

Will we “be thrown outside”? is another worry!

And who are those coming from the EAST and WEST to inherit HEAVEN along with Abraham? How many misunderstanding one can make in just one verse of the Bible?

1) Abraham is going to be in Heaven

2) People from The East and The West are going to be in Heaven

3) Are JWs who claim to be the sole Kingdom Heirs to be thrown outside?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"we have brothers now speaking of 12-13-14 as "The Return of Jesus Christ"

---

Well, if that's the date Watchtower has told Jesus to come back, what choice does he have?

Watchtower has been telling him and his Dad what to do for over 130 years now...

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I remember a little gem in the watchtower, that i have never heard mentiond on this board:-

" As we give a final witness"

I remember it because the P.O put his hand up during the study and said " ive never known the society to use that expression before"

Anyone remember that gem?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit