So I guess it's finally my turn <grin>

by noidea 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

NOI,
    What I meant by "apple pie and french fries" was when speaking with the elders change the subject. Mulan wrote some interesting points on how to turn the conversation around on the elders. She said she would answer there questions with a question and this seemed to work for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Noi,

Dungbeetle wrote in her inimitable, alwaysmakesmesmile way:

"Part of our dedication" <gag> <choke> "means cooperation with the elder arrangement".

"When we were baptised, we were baptised in the name of the holy spirit." (I think that's a closet apostate myself)Elders are appointed by holy spirit (ROTFLMAO here, internally anyway)and so our dedication means cooperating with the elders, because if we don't we can actually block the holy spirti." <gag> <choke>

I don't "get" the watchtower anymore (HAHAHAHA!!! okay. So it wasn't THAT funny) so I depend on this board for the latest dissemination of Borg drivel. When I read the above - I literally broke out in chills.... what outrageous claims...

Baptised = dedicated
    Dedicated = cooperating with elders
    [Elders = official hotline-to-heaven associates/representatives of Holy Spirit]
    Cooperating with elders = cooperating with Holy Spirit
    NOT cooperating with elders = (implied threat) "unforgiveable sin"

This is the scary part:

Not cooperating with elders = not allowing them free access to your home/body/mind at any time with impunity so as to interrogate you as to whether you are "cooperative" or not

It sounds like the worst form of martial law to me. The incredible abuse of logic here is staggering, but I guess it works; how many jw's will eat this WT "food" (choke) and live in fear that if they don't allow some goofballs who show up at their door, unexpected, for undisclosed reasons, and treat them to acts of worship

("Do not forget hospitality, for through it some, unknown to themselves, entertained angels)
    well, then they're screwed for eternity.

Arrghh... I hope there is a resolution for you and your husband here - you seem so kind-hearted. It's difficult to read of these experiences - they are sooo good at messing with reality - seems like you're holding your ground well so far -

best to you,

lauralisa

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Noidea,

If you find yourself in front of a judicial committee, I suggest that you do the following annoying things:

*Dress up and do your hair like June Cleaver from "Leave it to Beaver".

Kill them with kindness...maybe offer them something to drink.

*Knit or crochet while they are asking you questions.

As much as possible try to have them repeat the questions that they ask you...(just for clarity) ;)

*Agree with everything that they say.
    Once in a while say, "ah ha!" then pick up your "Smurf" notebook and scrawl some notes in it and say, "ok...got it".

Answer every phone call that comes in...if your phone doesnt normally ring alot....enlist the help of friends and family.

*Before the hearing...eat garlic and things that make your stomach growl.

When the brothers throw scriptures your way...throw one back at them that has nothing to do with the conversation...you know like...Matt. 27:5 "So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself"

*Stop the brothers in the middle of an important thought and ask them what kind of pizza they like and what they want on it...because you really need something in your stomach before you take what you affectionately call your "grand slam" dose of meds.

Have a full pitcher of water and make sure to fill your glass at the most inappropriate times.

*Laugh when there is no reason to laugh.

Hold up your hand to your head as if talking into a phone and say, "What God...you created another class of Jehovah's Witnesses?...what is that?...oh ok...the Caiaphas class?"
    then go on with your conversation as if nothing happened.

*Stop and act serious for a while and listen to what they have to say.
    Then just as they are getting comfortable and getting their "groove on"...stand up and announce that the real reason you are having them over is to show them a familiar but new home business that will make them stinking rich. Go on to explain the advantages of Diamond level distributorship.

When something really threatening or stressful is said to you...just put your face in your hands and bawl your eyes out for about 15 seconds...then go from bawling to hysterical laughter.

*Make a quote from the Joker in Batman...."Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

With any luck they will pass you off as a mental case and not bother you anymore.

Lizard

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

ROFLMAO @ Lizard...Noidea,if you decide to follow Liz's advice,please try a hidden camera.I'd give a lot to see that.

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• noidea
    noidea

Lizard ...

OMG!!!!... you're right that would work.

Cowboy ...

I could try that but, I would expect you and Lizard to be the first to visit me at the psyche ward.

~~~Noi~~~

Member of the: I have ~No-Idea~ class.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Lizard that is tooo funny I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall myself.

BATHORY

No they are not evil men. And what they will try to do for Noidea is help her spiritually because they more then likely feel she is in need of spiritual support. There is nothing at all wrong with that until she says she has doubts then she will become the enemy in bed with satan and she will be treated like a discusting thing of the world and the support will be long forgotten. Thats just the way things are.
    There is no reason why anyone should be in a hurry to expierence that. And nothing will justify it.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Noidea-You know we would .

Nuff Said,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit