So I guess it's finally my turn <grin>

by noidea 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ring
    ring

Noi,

I told them " When i am ready to come back to the meetings,
    I will let YOU (the elders) know! Havent seen them for
    10 years. I guess they're still waiting.........

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ah, the slow dance begins.
    Enjoy ,NOI, enjoy.
    Lookin at your post you seem too reasonable to remain a dub long.Such things as "I can talk for myself if I wish to" etc, are far too sensible thinking for dub minds.
    You in BIG trouble.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Ring, that's because their afraid of you...and it's different when your baptized!And stop jumping up and down your making me dizzy...lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not part of the inner circle class"-Larc

• Scully
    Scully

noidea:

just a suggestion, girlfriend....

why not make them a nice chocolate cream pie, laced with XLax.... that way the visit will take a little twist of its own when the elders realize that they need to leave in a BIG hurry!

Love, Scully

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

May I make a suggestion that will actually help?

Next time "the elders" show up, tell them politely they came at an inconvenient time. Would they come another time and please phone first to make an appointment.

They will try and nail you down to a time NOW. Reply with "I'm sorry I can't give you a time right I have a lot on my plate right now, please phone next week.

Remind them that they wouldn't like you dropping in on them without prior announcement and that they owe you the same curtesy.

Tell them it would be best if they leave right know because a family member who is opposed to the society is about due to pop in for family related busines and it would be best if they weren't here when he came. He is the short tempered type.

When they ring a week later to make an appointment keep brushing them asside week by week. No explanation neccessary. Private family busines, you don't care to discuss it, thanks for calling, bye and hang up.

They'll soon give up.

Remember they are not the police. The only authority they have is what YOU give them. No more.

And you will know the truth and the REAL truth will set you free.

OlderTom

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Older Tom,

I thought it was Amazing talking here!

Noidea, how about Older Tom suggestions? eh?

Yadira

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

And the wheel begins to turn. Good luck Noi and hope you have fun with em.

-Rick

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Whether your a Christian or not this advice is still good, "Return evil for evil to NO one. Provide fine things in the sight of all men. If possible, as far as it depends upon you be peaceable with all men/women." Romans 12:17,18.

Why should we throw personal pride and respect out the window because others have wronged us? What goes around 'does' come around.

Guest 77

• Prisca
    Prisca

Older Tom has given the best advice. If you don't want to meet with them, then don't. They have no power over you, only that which you give them.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

sheesh, about this time Pris must think Im STALKING her!
    Coincidence pris.

Anyway,
    Older Toms advice is so eminently sensible that I have no doubt that noone will practise it.
    People cant resist the drama of the confrontation.
    They want to vent their anger and frustration.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit