So I guess it's finally my turn <grin>

by noidea 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Too late RF for apologies, I've already written 6,573 emails to Simon asking for your instant dismissal from this board. Your posting days (hours?) are numbered, MWHAHAHAHAHAHA......

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

What Older Tom said sounds like very good advice.
    If that doesn't work I'll loan you Henry. He never fails me.

http://ourworld.cs.com/pwmkwzy/PicturePage.html

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Noidea, my hub and I have been going thru the same thing. The elders
    just show up and want to talk. I think Tom has a good idea, and my husband also thinks this is the best way to handle them. I even tried it on some sisters that came by while out in service. I told them it was not a good time, as I was busy on the computer.I was chatting of course but I really was busy doing more important things than entertaining them. It makes me mad that they think they have the right to just show up at your house, regardless of weither you want them there or not... it is like they are forcing themselves on you. That idea just makes me sick. My hub told them not to long ago that he was a grown man and wouldnt not be answering to them anymore . And remember ,we do not have to tell them anything at all.
    They want to demand an answer as to why we arent going anymore ,,, but we dont owe them anything. Good luck.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

(((((Noidea)))))

Like several others have said,you owe them nothing.Don't let 'em get you down.

Always,
    Cowboy

It took me quite a while to realize that the real deal is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you.
    ~Stevie Ray Vaughn

• Joshnloveland
    Joshnloveland

Why not meet with the elders...oh wait if forgot im sure its a huge problem to meet with them im sure you have a sweet life right now and alot going for you...i bet you would hate to ruin that...

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day noidea

The advise you are receiving may not prove to be all beneficial.

Please remember, think about it please...these men are NOT evil. They are convinced they are doing the right thing, why else would they do it, its an unpleasant task ( unless they are on a power trip which you have not indicated may be the case here ).

Older tom's advise is NOT a solution to your position. Im suprised he of all people would offer that !!

DONT RUN FROM THEM. DONT BE DISHONEST TO YOURSELVES.

That does not mean you must comply with their requests, you can take the 5 th for sure.

But why would you ????

Are you shy of your position, feel some sort of guilt ?? Do you have much to hide ???

I will not tender my advise, out of fear that you may apply it.

Dont be deceived, you are responsible and accountable for your continued actions, play them so that you may look back with a sense of hounor.

Sorry to go on, but i will leave you with a thought extracted from Joself Maliks book Beyond the Watchtower......why not meditate on it.

" Should our lives be controlled by ignorance that occurred in times past, and are we to alter our doctrinal position as a direct result of it? "

• noidea
    noidea

What a great bunch of people {{{ }}}....

I have decided to take Older Tom's advice and sent word to that effect. I'm sure they will as LyinEyes said .."just show up"..seems all is quiet in the congregation for the time being so I guess they have to have someone to focus on.

My husband does think it's a great idea to meet ..I think he hopes they can do something about me because he no longer has any control on me. (I have shattered his illusions and he is feeling quit lost at the moment...poor guy *lol)

I plan to fix a pot of coffee and then run to do errands if that doesn't work out there is always a toilet to clean <grin>.

He can talk to them if he wants.. just as I have the right not to. If confronted with anything I will pull out a tape recorder and say nothing as I drink my coffee..*from another pot I might add

In all seriousness I do feel that the org. will try and crack down on anyone that tries to fade. I think they realize that if they don't nip the trend they will keep loosing members and $$$. Fading gives them no control and no bargaining tool and they are not going to stand for that.

As far as I'm concerned come what may I do not fear them or shunning..I have way to much respect then to chase love from family and friends that are willing to shun that don't realize what love is in the first place. I guess you reach a point where you release the grasp that they have on you and I feel sorry for those that have to face that when they are not ready to.

This really is a wonderful support group here and the concern is overwhelming. I know that there are and will be many more post like this and sometimes we may not reply because advice has been already given or there is so much of the same thing..but the personal support is nice and it's wonderful knowing that you have friends that care about you on an individual basis ...so thanks to all that reply not just to my post but that make the effort to be there and encourage others.{{{Hugs}}}

~~~Noi~~~

Member of the: I have ~No-Idea~ class.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

NOI - I'm glad you are standing your ground and not giving in to the way they disrespected you when they said "they'll probably come by anyway"....how rude!

Hooray for you, answering their disrespect with calm and respect.

You sound really 'heads up' about the whole situation. I'm in awe!!
    Hang in there and keep us posted!

Hugs,

SPAZ

• dedalus
    dedalus
    "When we were baptised, we were baptised in the name of the holy spirit." (I think that's a closet apostate myself)Elders are appointed by holy spirit (ROTFLMAO here, internally anyway)and so our dedication means cooperating with the elders, because if we don't we can actually block the holy spirti."

It's unfortunate that the holy spirit frequently appoints pedophiles, wife-beaters, liars, cheaters, manipulators, and idiots to these positions of authority.

What -- you weren't expecting perfection from the True God's Active Force, his Holy Spirit, were you?

Dedalus

• borgfree
    borgfree

NoIdea,
    I agree with Older Toms advise also. Two weeks after I sent my resignation to the elders, two of them came to my door, wanting to talk to me. I could not understand what they might want to talk about, I had made myself very clear in my letter, but out of courtesy I let them in.

My young son was with me (about 12 at the time) they at once asked if we could go to a private area, (where my son could not hear) I granted them that. I am still kicking my own rear end for that. My home, and I permitted them to dictate if my son could hear what was going on!!! [>:(]

Bathory said:

Please remember, think about it please...these men are NOT evil.
    Most of them are probably NOT evil, but, they are PRACTICING EVIL.

Borgfree

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Ziggy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit